MAC Pigments

Sequinzombie

First off i'm sorry if this doesn't belong here D:

I can't figure out how to make the pigments really pop. I can't apply with my fingers but I want the same color pay off.
I've tried using a paint pot as a base but it didn't do much.

Should I be using a specific brush? Perhaps i'll have better luck with a primer?

banana1234

a stickier primer than a paint pot, or perhaps apply quickly while the paint pot is still tacky

try urban decay primer potion with something like nyx pencil or a gps on top, these all really grab the pigment. or you could try just an eyeliner pencil all over the lid if you dont want to buy anything new and it will stick with that? but these tend to crease so make sure u use a primer like udpp underneath

LMD84

i always use a primer like udpp. then apply the pigment wet - either with fix+ or water based mixing medium or just normal water! :p

as for brushes i usually use the 239 because it's flat and stuff and great for packing on the colour
smiles.gif

Senoj

I agree, using them wet is the best for making them pop. I use either Fix plus or water.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I agree with what's been said here- I use a p/p as a base, try to apply while it's still a little tacky and I wet my brush (just water) before applying. Pigments tend to sheer out quickly if you blend them or move the brush around too much, so I usually try to just press/ pat them on.

LisaOrestea

fyrinnae pixie epoxy!!!

Seriously, this stuff is AMAZING! It saved a lot of my pigments (entramauve especially!)

Meisje

Applying them using eye drops to foil makes them crazy bright. Cornflower looks like a blue disco ball that way.