MAC Posh Paradise Discussion

BeckyBenett

The purple/lilac p/p will work well with all the light e/s quads that are coming out. I can only imagine how a purple base will make All Races and Tendersmoke pop like there's no tomorrow.
Thats very true. It may also work with the Quite Cute palette, now tt I think abt it. tts why we need swatches, pronto!

Edelmc

Ok so I have a chance to type a bit more today. The mua I was talking to yesterday had been on her training for the autumn collections the day before. She said that everything was a amazing and that there was something to suit everyone (I get the impression it won't be like the last few collections that either suit a particular skintone (quite cute) or that you either love or hate (mineralize). I think it will be more of a case that you might like a lipstick from one collection, a couple of shadows from another...it wont be all or nothing as each collection has something for everyone if you know what I mean!)
I specifically asked her about the p/p cause I am into buying bases since I got my mes and I didn't want to buy bases now and find they are dupes for the up coming p/p cause I love p/p formula and prefer to wait for them if that was the case.
She said that the p/p are very opaque and when she was describing the purple pots she showed me fig 1 for one of them. For the other one, she originally reached for parfait amour and then changed her mind and went for beautiful iris instead so I think its going to be a cool toned medium shade of purple anyway.
She also said that with the release of the new shadesticks they were planning on revamping the range.....

ps: does anybody know where I would be able to buy artifact p/p...I really want to get one but its discontinued!

The purple/lilac p/p will work well with all the light e/s quads that are coming out. I can only imagine how a purple base will make All Races and Tendersmoke pop like there's no tomorrow.
oh wow now that you say that I am so excited. I think some people are disappointed that some of the quads lately don't feature darker colours but since I rarely use the darker colours from quads I am very excited about these quads

LMD84

oh wow now that you say that I am so excited. I think some people are disappointed that some of the quads lately don't feature darker colours but since I rarely use the darker colours from quads I am very excited about these quads
excellent news! i'm really pleased. i don't feel like i need a darker purple paint pot but i don't really have anything for my lilacs which is why i shall buy the one that looks like beautiful iris. and if they are opaque then that is even better.

Mac-Guy

I'm pleased to hear that the p/p will be opaque.

Lou, I think you are right. Frost finishes do not dry out as fast as cream finishes.

EdelMC, try ebay - there should be quite a few Artifacts for sale. I don't think MAC will repromote it any time soon (though they should!).

LMD84

I'm pleased to hear that the p/p will be opaque.

Lou, I think you are right. Frost finishes do not dry out as fast as cream finishes.

EdelMC, try ebay - there should be quite a few Artifacts for sale. I don't think MAC will repromote it any time soon (though they should!).
it's random because you'd think it would be the other way around! lol!

My top three Mac Glitters - check out my latest specktra blog post :)

liba

Also, don't ignore the great trick of using a contrasting base with the MES applied dry on top for a 2-tone effect - i'm assuming this doesn't just work well with Bg Bounces.

I only have really neutral PPs so it's hard to test this theory right atm.

MACcrazy

oh that's a cute trick! i have fresco rose and indianwood (both on my skintone show up good) so i may try this over some of my MES's

C2keri

It was payday and so I spent quality time with Brittany at the MAC store. I asked about the fall lines and she lit up like she'd just seen Jesus and He was giving her some MAC. Evidently, all of Posh Paradise is worth having. She talked about paint pots as if they were going to all be emphasized more. Maybe they'e taking the product seriously for once? She then added that she'd been impressed by everything that MAC will put out for fall. I don't know if all of the MAC folks get that rapturous face when you mention new collections or not.

shadowaddict

For me usually not, but last week at the counter when buying some SP stuff I said something about the upcoming fall collections and she just lit up. She was so cute and she just went on and on about it all. She was new there and was just so bouncy but not annoying. Most of the time if I'm at a counter and say something they don't know what the hell I'm talking about. At my fs store the guys I know that have been there a while will chat with me about it.

m0rg3nst3rn

I think I will totally save up for ALL of the paint pots! I LOVE paint pots. Though...if any swatch horrendously, I will scrap them from my list. I don't own any Mattenes, so I really can't say about those...

C2keri

It was payday and so I spent quality time with Brittany at the MAC store. I asked about the fall lines and she lit up like she'd just seen Jesus and He was giving her some MAC. Evidently, all of Posh Paradise is worth having. She talked about paint pots as if they were going to all be emphasized more. Maybe they'e taking the product seriously for once? She then added that she'd been impressed by everything that MAC will put out for fall. I don't know if all of the MAC folks get that rapturous face when you mention new collections or not. My wallet won't know what hit it!

LMD84

i think the MA's are feeling how i felt - the start of the year was a bit meh and blah with mac, but these fall collections are really looking to be fabulous!

OctoberViolet

Sorry if I already asked this & just don't remember, but what are the differences between Mattene & Matte lipsticks? I am hoping to buy my first Mattenes with this collection. I want about four so far:

• Potent Fig Deep blue grape
  • Deliciously Foribbden Mid-tone berry
  • Fresh Amour Light lavender

• Delectable Orange-beige