MAC Pressed Pigment Collection Discussion (December 2012)

liba

Now that is a brilliant idea!!!!! I dont touch my products as it is and use a Mac spatula for cream products but never thought of that for glittery pressed pigments!
If you like that idea, you will go nutso for the new silicon sponge applicators - i've shilled for those with the pressed piggies a lot already, but they really are the ultimate match. They scoop out like a spatula, spread onto the eye super smoothly, and have lots of control so no fallout and no pigment placed where you don't want it. The only thing they don't do that well is lots of subtle blending, but once everything is in place, you can always go back in with a blending brush if necessary. I honestly use them to blend too; I just don't expect a very subtle fade.

Before I'd use my finger or one of the small tester spatulas - I'd even apply them directly to the eye with the spatula. The sponge applicators have replaced all of these temporary techniques, though. They're totally awesome for the crushed metal pigments too!

LMD84

It's not that I don't like colors, I'm just not that interested to try the formula. I kinda like the idea of the pale yellow one, to dab a little on the lid over a neutral eye look. Not sure if that would work. But I think I'd rather get the gold Illusion D'Ombre for that. I saw a video tutorial months ago, from Russian Vogue I think? They did the same thing using the I D'O and loved how it looked. I need to find that vid agan.

ETA: Found it!

Chanel make-up - YouTube

I LOOOVE the eye look. Would the yellow Pressed Pigment work to recreate that?
weirdly i'm wearing a very similar looks myself today at work! i used the gold illusion d'ombre (vision i think it is called) patted over a brown shadow - super sparkly and gives it that almost wet look :)

princess sarah

Yes I have enquired at my Pro store about those and waiting to hear back form them, Are they able to be washed and reused? or are they disposable

If you like that idea, you will go nutso for the new silicon sponge applicators - i've shilled for those with the pressed piggies a lot already, but they really are the ultimate match. They scoop out like a spatula, spread onto the eye super smoothly, and have lots of control so no fallout and no pigment placed where you don't want it. The only thing they don't do that well is lots of subtle blending, but once everything is in place, you can always go back in with a blending brush if necessary. I honestly use them to blend too; I just don't expect a very subtle fade.

Before I'd use my finger or one of the small tester spatulas - I'd even apply them directly to the eye with the spatula. The sponge applicators have replaced all of these temporary techniques, though. They're totally awesome for the crushed metal pigments too!

Debbs

I went to Sephora yesterday and bought Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue $19.00. It is for loose powders, shimmers and glitters . I originally went there for Pixie Epoxy based on prior posts. The SA had no clue what I was referring to. I will try this Glitter Glue with my Spot Lit from Face & Body. Next week when I go to pick up my GD pre-order at Nordies I will pass by the Mac store at Adventura for the disposable silicon eye applicators. I called there yesterday and was told that they have them in stock as they are not at the regular mac counters.

Michelemu21

I went to Sephora yesterday and bought Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue $19.00. It is for loose powders, shimmers and glitters . I originally went there for Pixie Epoxy based on prior posts. The SA had no clue what I was referring to. I will try this Glitter Glue with my Spot Lit from Face & Body. Next week when I go to pick up my GD pre-order at Nordies I will pass by the Mac store at Adventura for the disposable silicon eye applicators. I called there yesterday and was told that they have them in stock as they are not at the regular mac counters.
Pixie Epoxy is from an Indie brand Fyrannae. You have to order it online but it was about $7 when I bought it. I thought it would help with my glittery eyeshadows but it didn't. I haven't tried glitter glue. I just eliminated most of the shadows that irritated my eyes.

mac_aiken

Pixie Epoxy is from an Indie brand Fyrannae. You have to order it online but it was about $7 when I bought it. I thought it would help with my glittery eyeshadows but it didn't. I haven't tried glitter glue. I just eliminated most of the shadows that irritated my eyes.
I actually prefer Pixie Epoxy to TF primer and their glitter glue. I can't rave enough about this.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
You can order a mini size tube of Pixie Epoxy for just $2 to try it. International shipping is cheap as well.

MACina

Are there any opinions on the Lit Cosmetics "Clearly Glitter Base"?

I have only read one review on temptalia.com so far and would like to hear
more thoughts if possible.

TIA!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Colorstory:

Gorgeous eyes, from sheer and ethereal for day to intense and illuminating for evening. Shadows in complementary tones offer pigmented effects for a season of creative colour play. MAC innovation creates a highly pearlized, creamy Pressed Pigment that glistens with a shimmering translucent finish when applied dry and high-gloss dramatic coverage when applied wet. 12 colours in stunning shades spotlight the eyes making them glow with brilliant accents. And, for artistic blending, the 215 Medium Shader Brush is the perfect tool for Pressed Pigment technology.

Pressed Pigment
Angelic – Off white (Frost) *
Enlightening – Deep silver (Frost) *
Jet Couture – Charcoal black (Frost) *
Blonde Streak – Light cream (Frost) *
Blue Willow – Light icy blue (Frost) *
Amethyst – Purple with silver undertone (Frost) *
Flicker – Pastel yellow (Frost) *
Sweet Acting – Mid-tone pink (Frost) *
Smoky – Deep silver blue (Frost) *
Light Touch – High pearlized powder in W10 shade (Frost) °*
Day Gleam – High pearlized powder in NC3ß shade (Frost) °*
Deeply Dashing – High pearlized powder in NW55 shade (Frost) °*

Brush
215 Brush – Medium Shader Brush (Synthetic Fibre) °
Apparently everything marked with a * will be perm.

MACina

Thank you so much Naynadine
urock.gif

yahoo.gif
....it is great that so many of them are going to be perm.A very nice addition to the product line.

My list is quite long...I need all the new shades
eyelove.gif

Deeply Dashing – High pearlized powder in NW55 shade (Frost) °* Brush
215 Brush – Medium Shader Brush (Synthetic Fibre) °
Apparently everything marked with a * will be perm.

rockin

I might be persuaded to give the Pressed Pigments another try for Amethyst. The only way I seem to be able to use Light Touch without turning my whole face into a glitterball is to use the tiniest amount in the centre of my eye over whatever eyeshadow I happen to be using, pressing it on with my finger. Even then I have managed to find some underneath my eye within a very short time.

MRV

Huh, an easy collection for me - white, cream and/or yellow - if I get any. Just heard that we are getting these (no wonder if they are perm) - but NONE of the GOOD ones (TT, Strength, couture)!

Mac-Guy

It's great to hear that these will be perm. It's great to see the 215. I love it for the pressed piggies.

Richelle83

I might be persuaded to give the Pressed Pigments another try for Amethyst. The only way I seem to be able to use Light Touch without turning my whole face into a glitterball is to use the tiniest amount in the centre of my eye over whatever eyeshadow I happen to be using, pressing it on with my finger. Even then I have managed to find some underneath my eye within a very short time.
From what it looks like the trio from F&B are not like the new ones. Glitterball syndrome may be avoided here.

singer82

Hmmm wonder if the purple one is better than ready to party edes from GD? Still trying to cut down that list

tats

I'm glad they are permanent too. I like the sound of light cream and pastel yellow shades.

liba

I'm glad the color story has come out!

I didn't want to mention they were being made perm, since it seemed like crossing a line with my MA letting me see the book, but now that it's out....I can finally say WOOOOO!
pompom.gif

Latest posts