MAC Pro Recs!!!

Elizab33th

I'm going to the MAC Pro store in NYC 2m....my 1st Pro store/NYC visit!!! YAY! But I have NO idea what Pro things to get. I'm from Southern Boston, and I dont get many chances to go to NYC (obv.) so I want to just get Pro stuff while I'm there. YAY AGAIN!!!So if anyone has any recommendations of things to pick up, I'd love to hear it! Thanks in Advance!!!

purrtykitty

Check out the Pro only pigments & glitters, and the chromalines. The NYC Pro Store is a pain to find...it's on the second floor of a fairly generic building. But it is marked on the outside on the little business listing buzzer thingy. You may or may not have to buzz to get in. I didn't.

Elizab33th

I checked out the chromalines on the website but I cant even think of what I would use them for. And thanks so much for letting me know about the store! The bus is supposed to be letting out right near there so I'm hoping that it wont be to difficult...: )

purrtykitty

Chromalines are great for liners and bases. They're pretty smudge- and crease-resistant. If you get a chance, you should check out the MUFE boutique, too. I didn't get to go there, and I'm so sad I missed it!

PlatinumV

I love some MAC Pro pigments... ok, I simply love pigments! I've just ordered Chartreuse, that is a very mad colour, but I love it! Then... go for pro-pigments!!!

Steel Magnolia

Love chromalines! Cyan is my favourite. I stock up on sculpting and shaping pans whenever I get to a pro store - better than anything else Ive found to contour with..

I love indian ink eyeshadow - I believe its a pro only colour (please correct me if Im wrong!)

Id recommend a few different mixing mediums too. I always use the water based one.

Pure white pigment - everybody should have it! Same with black black pigment and basic red. So versatile.

Then again, these are just things I love that happen to be PRO.

Have lots of fun there! xx

Amaranth

MAC Pro has unfortunately gotten rid of a lot of the stuff that I thought made it cool. A lot of their really nice cheek powders and whatnot are gone.

I second the Chromalines, though I recommend the white one. I'm not big on white eyeliner, but I use it as a base for super bright colours and colours that don't show up well on me, like light pinks or Bitter.

I also second Indian Ink. I think this colour should be in the permanent line, I love purples and have a million of them, but it's probably the best, most useful one I have.

You should also look into the metal pigments. They're all unbelievably beautiful and you don't need very much at all for a big impact. My favourites are Platinum and Copper. These are probably my favourite Pro product overall.

Have fun!!