MAC Purples and Neutrals

caramel_geek

I'm trying to get a purple that is very versatile and not too OTT.

Fig. 1 / Satellite Dreams / Purple Haze / Nocturnelle

And am also trying to choose 2 out of this lot (to add to my current neutrals collection):

wedge, omega, soba, rye, patina

My current neutrals are:
Espresso
Mulch
Woodwinked
Bamboo
Texture
Go (from Starflash)
Brown Down
Cork
Brule

I don't live near a MAC store and I'm having a hard time deciding just by looking at random swatches all over the net. So, it would be great if you ladies/guys can help by giving me some suggestions or point me to any comparison swatches
winks.gif

just in case it helps, i'm a NC25 and MSFnatural in medium and Dark Brown Eyes
smiles.gif

TIA! ~hugs to all~

purrtykitty

I'd say go for Satellite Dreams for your purple. It would look divine with your eyes and skintone. And for neutrals, I'd get Patina and Wedge.

TDoll

Out of the purples you listed, I would choose Nocturnelle. Have you tried Shale? Its a really pretty darker purpleish-gray color.

Out of those neutrals considering the ones you already have, I would choose Soba and Patina. I wouldn't get Wedge because you have Cork, and those are similar.

VDUB*BELLA

I'm nc30 (nc25 in my palest 'winter' mode) and I just loooooooooove Nocturnelle. You will definately not be disappointed with this colour.

Satellite Dreams is a beautiful colour too but not as versatile as Nocturnelle

Fig 1 is a darker purple and its a matte which is an awesome crease colour... again not as versatile as Nocturnelle.

coconut

I don't have any of the purples you mentioned, but I second the recommendation for Shale. It is very versatile and not over the top at all...might not be as purple as you want, though (definitely a grey-purple). I also think Omega is a useful neutral as it can be use for the lid or crease (and if you have blonde eyebrows, it can be used as an eyebrow powder!).

FiestyFemme

Out of the purples you mentioned, I like Satellite Dreams and Nocturnelle.
If I had to pick one first, I'd go with Nocturnelle. It's a great crease or outer V shade, and it could easily be paired with some of the neutrals you already own.

I only have Wedge and Patina from the ones you mentioned, and I'd definitely recommend Patina.
You might should skip Wedge if it's similar to Cork, but I do love Wedge.

caramel_geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
Out of the purples you mentioned, I like Satellite Dreams and Nocturnelle.
If I had to pick one first, I'd go with Nocturnelle. It's a great crease or outer V shade, and it could easily be paired with some of the neutrals you already own.

I only have Wedge and Patina from the ones you mentioned, and I'd definitely recommend Patina.
You might should skip Wedge if it's similar to Cork, but I do love Wedge.

Thanks for the rec
smiles.gif

I'm pretty new with using purples. So which neutrals can I pair with Nocturnelle?
th_dunno.gif

FiestyFemme

You might want to try it as a crease or outer V shade with Go or Woodwinked.
I swatched them on my hand, and they looked pretty together.