MAC Quads DO hold more than 4, and e/s palettes DO hold more than 15!

TDoll

This is SO COOL! (Hope no one has posted anything about this before...I searched and couldn't find anything!)
I got this idea from xsparkage on her blog :Leesha's Blog!. She did this with her 15 palette, but I did it with a quad. Same idea.

I had bought 4 Starflash colors and didn't want to mix them with my other colors, but did want to separate them somehow. So I bought an empty quad. I ended up going back for another and really wanted to de-pot it also, but wanted to keep all my Starflash colors together. So her idea popped into my head and I did it with my quad! It's super easy to do! Just make sure you flip it upside down after you've gotten the divider out because the metal sheet WILL fall out along with your eyeshadows because the insert is no longer holding it it. When you flip it upside down, the metal sheet will fall out and you can double-stick-tape that bad-boy. Your stuff will stick just the same and as strong as before, you just wont have the dividers. It's still stuck to the SAME piece of metal as before.

For reference, quads will hold 6 and 15 palettes will hold 26!!!
thmbup.gif

The best part is if you ever change your mind, you can pop the insert right back in!

Here are some pics of how it turned out!

DSC01769.jpg

DSC01771.jpg

Cool idea, huh?

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
oooh thats a good idea. but do they not fall out???

I would be afraid of that as well, although this is good to know. Thanks!

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
oooh thats a good idea. but do they not fall out???

Nope, because its the same metal plate holding them in. Just not the divider. The divider really does nothing at all except hold the metal plate in the bottom and keep the shadows separated! You just have to make sure and let the metal plate fall out (it's a totally separate piece) and double stick tape it to the bottom. It was super easy!
The one I made will actually hold one more if I arrange them differently!

MiCHiE

I did this with some of my elf quads. I can't imagine doing it to my MAC stuff and I'm too anal, anyway. But, am I missing something? Quads hold 5, right, not 6?

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
I did this with some of my elf quads. I can't imagine doing it to my MAC stuff and I'm too anal, anyway. But, am I missing something? Quads hold 5, right, not 6?

They do hold 6...I just have them scrunched in the middle. If I arranged them differently, it holds 6.

NicksWifey

This is awesome! I've had an empty quad for a while now and I definitely can do something with it! Thanks for sharing!
smiles.gif

TheeBettyBoop

yup! i found that about that too a couple of weeks ago. In my 15-palette i fit in 26 e/s. Now how cool is that? awesome, it saves me money. But thanks for posting this.

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille
can I see the other pictures where you arrange them separately to make it hold 6? thanks

DSC01826.jpg

emeraldjewels

this is really cool for travelling, I only tend to take 1 or 2 quads with me so here you can fit more in the 2 quads! i like it!

Frosting

I know this thread is old, but I had a related question and couldn't find anything on it: how the devil do you remove the divider?

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosting
I know this thread is old, but I had a related question and couldn't find anything on it: how the devil do you remove the divider?

Did a test run for you and it's kind of a pain.....in the thumb. XD I grabbed a quad, an old school snobby butter knife
smiles.gif
and 6 random shadows.

Grip the first two circles together and gently pull it out towards yourself. It took me a couple of minutes for it to finally give way but I stayed gripping. Slide snobby butter knife in the gap that's there as it's finally giving way...it'll pop out towards you. You'll see just the magnetic square there to arrange them on and they only hold 6 if laid out the same way the poster above and I did. Your thumb will feel sore a little possibly from gripping it out like that but the good news is after it's done the first time, the divider goes in and out like nothing.
smiles.gif

08-15-09_0759.jpg

Shadows are Big T, Aquadisiac, Gulf Stream, Submarine, Blue Flame and Star by Night and the misc. MES I had to move them to get to the shadows. <----Plus I love these damn things and am all for MAC product placement.
winks.gif

Thank you for bringing this up because I never would have tried it and it's kind of neat to learn something new. Good luck with it and I'm sorry about the pic but Jason has the IPhone until he gets home.
cry.gif