mac rant.....crisis/sadness

Kat

I live in Australia and not only do we pay grossly inflated prices but there only one counter in Brisbane, and the closest free standing store is in a different STATE. I don't even know about pro stores...gah!

pugmommy7

at least it will make it that much more special. we only have 2 near meand that is in the same mall, a nordies and a MAC store w/ some pro items.

wildesigns

I live in Buffalo...Cheektowaga to be exact and about a mile from the Galleria Mall where the MAC counter is inside Kauffman's. It will change over to Macy's soon since the Federated/May merger in '05. The MA's in there are great (especially Sara & Jill) and they do have a decent selection of things and get the new collections right out. They don't, however, carry pigments unless it's a part of a collection.

farra712

Don't worry too much about not getting what you need....A lot of counters have the same thing as the stores, believe it or not. I live in Mississippi and we have only one MAC counter within about 100 miles. It is in a little department store, but they have all the same stuff as the stores I have been to (closest store is 6 hours away!) except for pro items and eyeshadow pans and palettes. Also, there is a major plus. Because there isn't a huge demand for MAC here we don't run out of LE stuff as fast as stores and other counters. Long after it is gone from the website, you can still get it at the counter here. Also, if you ask them, they usually will give you the number of a store that will have what you need and they will ship it for about $3 no matter what you buy! Good luck with your move.

Glow

Ehh i've dealt with counters since i've gotten into it. It's not nearly as bad as it seems. Although were getting a FS store in June.

Cool Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracie
haha i'm one of those poor people with only a counter to go to
ssad.gif
The nearest store is 3.5 hours away at the mall of america
ssad.gif

same here, my pro store is 2 hours away!

jule8293

So, this will be my first post here and i really getting angry, you all have so much luck, in the us is "everywhere" a mac store a round the corner! what should all the people here in germany say? my next mac store, but wait, its only be a counter is more than a hour away and the only pro store we have here, is in berlin, which is may be 6hs away and we all havent got the oppoturnity to buy stuff in the net, cause our dammm web page dont work!!! so please stop to moan!!!

kare31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jule8293
you all have so much luck, in the us is "everywhere" a mac store a round the corner! what should all the people here in germany say? my next mac store, but wait, its only be a counter is more than a hour away and the only pro store we have here, is in berlin, which is may be 6hs away and we all havent got the oppoturnity to buy stuff in the net, cause our dammm web page dont work!!! so please stop to moan!!!

I get that you're frustrated, but there's certainly not a mac store around the corner "everywhere" in the US.
ssad.gif
I'm 2 hours away from any MAC whatsoever, a store or counter, and the nearest pro store is 18 hours away. Several states don't have MAC at all. The most populous areas have better access to MAC, like most other types of commerce. It's not just a US vs. the rest of the world thing.

Hopefully MAC will give you guys the ability to order off the internet in the near future
smiles.gif

shabdebaz

Hopefully it won't be that bad. You have a counter nearby for your basic needs and a pro store about an hour and a half away in Toronto. Good luck!

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
I live in Australia and not only do we pay grossly inflated prices but there only one counter in Brisbane, and the closest free standing store is in a different STATE. I don't even know about pro stores...gah!

So I shouldn't torture you and tell you that the freestanding stores all turned pro in the last year or so?
winks.gif

72Cosmo

We have 2 counters in Dillards here and the nearest freestanding is at least 2 hours away. I've only been to a freestanding store a few times and never to a pro store. Not one CCO in the state either.

toofaced

I feel your pain

There are no MAC counters in my area, the closoest counter is an hour away. I live about 3 hours from Buffalo. We need to get a petition going for MAC to put more stores/counters in Upstate NY!
weeping.gif
]

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofaced
There are no MAC counters in my area, the closoest counter is an hour away. I live about 3 hours from Buffalo. We need to get a petition going for MAC to put more stores/counters in Upstate NY!
weeping.gif
]

HAHA Every time I ask MAC if they are putting in a counter in the city about 40 minutes from us, they LAUGH at me.

Seriously!

It is so frustrating.

After this litigation MAC/EL is putting on specktra, I am not sure how much MAC I am going to be getting anyway. They seem to have gotten creep for some reason.

wheresmytea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat

Yep, same thing here. I'm in Perth, my nearest other counter is a four hour FLIGHT away!
rofl.gif

a914butterfly

wow, i guess i take it for granted that i have so many options for getting mac. i have a mac counter in macys in cross county shopping center in yonkers, ny, another counter in nordstroms and another macy's in white plains, many freestanding stores and counters in manhattan (nyc), and the pro store in manhattan (nyc), and then there is always the mac website.

kalikutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildesigns
I live in Buffalo...Cheektowaga to be exact and about a mile from the Galleria Mall where the MAC counter is inside Kauffman's. It will change over to Macy's soon since the Federated/May merger in '05. The MA's in there are great (especially Sara & Jill) and they do have a decent selection of things and get the new collections right out. They don't, however, carry pigments unless it's a part of a collection.

lol yay someone else from cheektowaga! thats where im at! its not easy finding alot of things though since im used to having so much everywhere. itd be nice to meet another mac lover out here!

pale blue

To the original poster, you're probably better off ordering on the phone from a Pro/Freestanding store since they charge flat rate shipping. Gas prices won't be getting any better now or in the coming months.

Wontpayretail23

When I moved here for the first 6 months or so there was no MAC. You had to drive an hour and a half to get to the free standing store. Which I'd keep a list of what I wanted and I'd go haul every once in a while. Then they finally put a counter here in Feburary. But thats it. Just one counter. But at least it's 4 minutes from my house. I was their 1st customer and they remember me because of that. No pro store here, and I'm near Chicago. You'd think Chicago would have a pro store!