MAC Return and Exchange Policy Questions

astronaut

Re: Can I return a maccosmetics.com order to the mac store?

So... I emailed MAC's online customer service and the person told me that I couldn't return it at the store and it had to be sent in. That was before I read lipshock's comment. She works at MAC and does those returns so I figured I might as well try. I didn't call since I was going to go to the mall anyway. I went to the MAC store and the MA said that I had to send it back. She also went to the back to double check with someone else.

After that, I was at Nordstroms looking at shoes and I figured I'd try the MAC counter there. If they say no, then whatever. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. I asked the MA there and she said that she probably could exchange it and she double checked with another MA and he said yes so I ended up getting Kitschmas pigment and Parrot eyeshadow
smiles.gif

juxt123

how would they know its from online...

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxt123
how would they know its from online...

Because you'd need a receipt. Right?

lara

When in doubt, call your local store and ask them directly.

Seeking Refuge

Re: Can I return this

If you have the wrapper and the receipt within the given time frame. I was told I could last time I bought one ...

MAC_Whore

Your best course of action is to call or visit the store and ask them directly. Good luck.
winks.gif

te.amo.mac

i would try to sell it here if at all possible, simply b/c if you return it then the brush is going to be thrown out

Lexxiii

From my understanding MAC has an excellent return policy. I just bought Jampacked lipglass, which is almost exactly like Pop Mode which I already own. Am I correct in assuming that I can return it or exchange it for another color with the receipt?

I also have a concealer that is too dark for me, though I purchased it a few months ago and lost the receipt. Whenever I brought it in to exchange they were out of my correct color and so I couldn't exchange it. However, I think I might want to try a new kind of concealer than what I'm exchanging. Would I be allowed to exchange the one that I have for a different color in a new kind of concealer? And as far as the 30-day policy, several of the MUAs know that I've been there before trying to exchange that concealer and wasn't able to, so I'm pretty sure I'll be okay on that aspect.
smiles.gif

Shaquille

Re: MAC Return Policy Questions

That's okay..
Whenever you exchange things though, the things that you return to them will be tossed in the bin..

erine1881

since you mentioned the 30 day return policy, i'm assuming that you bought it at a freestanding store? since you have your receipt for jampacked, that you can return/exchange. your concealer, however, can't be because its past the 30 days, even if you had the receipt. it doesn't matter how many times you've tried to exchange something and they were out of it. once its past the 30 days or you don't have a receipt, you can't return/exchange it. what you can do is b2m it.

next time i recommend comparing colors to avoid purchasing similar ones.

Lexxiii

Oh I didn't know the 30 day return policy was only at stores, I assumed that it applied to counters as well.
smiles.gif
I go to a counter.

I was going to bring my Rebel Lipstick and Pop Mode to see if they compared to any CoC but when I dug through my purse at the counter I didn't have them... :[

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiii
Oh I didn't know the 30 day return policy was only at stores, I assumed that it applied to counters as well.
smiles.gif
I go to a counter.

I was going to bring my Rebel Lipstick and Pop Mode to see if they compared to any CoC but when I dug through my purse at the counter I didn't have them... :[

different counters have different policies. call the counter you purchased it at and ask what their policy is.

preciouscharm

Can i return something from another store? I just went to orlando and bought something from the MAC Pre store there and only have a in store MAc here. My powder was broken when i got it can is till return it?

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciouscharm
Can i return something from another store? I just went to orlando and bought something from the MAC Pre store there and only have a in store MAc here. My powder was broken when i got it can is till return it?

As long as you have a reciept from the past 30 days.

I'm pretty sure MAC store register computers will literally not let a return transaction go through without a reciept so unfortunately if someone is in the same situation as the op but it happened at a MAC store, they'd be out of luck regardless if the artists remember the girl coming back often to exchange. I'd recommend returning and getting store credit/money back than waiting to exchange.

glamdoll

If you have a receipt and bought it withing the last 30 days they will let you return/ exchange, but if you do not have it, or its after the 30 days, they will NOT let you do it. Its up to a manager, but usually its a no.

kimmy

you can always try selling/swapping the concealor.

some counters will take returns/exchanges at any time without a reciept. mine does, as long as it has their barcode on it, they'll take it back. however, like shaquille said, it will go in the bin so it's pretty much waster product.

Indian Barbie

MAC Return / Exchange Policy?

mac_addict.gif
I always buy my Mascara's from Mac, I bought Plushlash about a month ago but recently I noticed an awful smell coming from it that makes me feel sick. It stings my eyes too. Perhaps its was a one-off thing because I've bought Plushlash before and it wasn't like that.

Am I allowed to exchange it if I take it to the counter?? I don't have my reciept
thmbdn.gif

Latest posts