mac scanty lipstick - real?

Weasel

hmm that's what I thought
ssad.gif

I'll carry on with my quest haha

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
Found this on eBay and it looks suspiciously like a counterfeit unless MAC had a special lippie collection released in shiny cases, that I'm not aware of.

BNWOB MAC ANGEL LIPSTICK LIP GLOSS LIP LINER - eBay (item 360015271479 end time Jan-25-08 18:34:29 PST)

I ordered the 3 red lips set from the Holiday ’06 collection. The LS tubes are shiny black but do not contain the double-ring at the bottom of the cap as shown in the e-bay picture. Look like a fake to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim.
M77001_128.jpg

Ruffle: 3 tan lips
A small black satin cylindrical clutch with ruffle fabric trim. Features three shades of neutral-tan lip colours including Embrace and Angel Lipsticks, and Headliner Lipglass.
US$32.00

M77004_128.jpg

Beaded: 3 Red Lips
A small black satin cylindrical clutch with bead trim. Features three shades of red-tinted lip colours including Dubonnet and Casanova Lipsticks, and Cherche La Femme Lipglass.
US$32.00

rchickos

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
I ordered the 3 red lips set from the Holiday ’06 collection. The LS tubes are shiny black but do not contain the double-ring at the bottom of the cap as shown in the e-bay picture. Look like a fake to me!

What double-ring? It looks exactly like my Formal Black lipsticks. Are you talking about the gold-coloring on the cap on the left? Because that just looks like the C in the end of the MAC logo printed on both sides of the cap. Not trying to sound snarky or anything, just trying to see what you're seeing that makes you think it's not authentic.
smiles.gif

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchickos
What double-ring? It looks exactly like my Formal Black lipsticks. Are you talking about the gold-coloring on the cap on the left? Because that just looks like the C in the end of the MAC logo printed on both sides of the cap. Not trying to sound snarky or anything, just trying to see what you're seeing that makes you think it's not authentic.
smiles.gif

I don't mind your disagreeing w/me. I've looked and looked at this picture and it doesn't look like my lipstick; so, I concede you don't see something I do.

It isn't a very good picture, though, and the lipstick isn't turned up far enough for me to state emphatically it's real. That, too, makes me suspicious.

But, yes, if you say it's real. It must be real.
yes.gif