MAC Seasonally Supreme Discussion

Allura Beauty

Release Date: August 2011
Tokyo scenesters, Seoul trendies, Shanghai’s brand-conscious sophisto-chicks, all are contributing to make Asia a haute-pot that stylishly sizzles. To add to the frenzy: M·A·C’s new collection Sheen Supreme, a sweet and spicy palette of twelve cream-or-frost-finished shades that speaks to the region’s colour preferences in the fusion of Lipglass’ high-shine finish with the saturated colour of a Lipstick. Colour-customized, culturally tuned.
Sheen Supreme Lipstick ($14.50)
  • Tea Ceremony: neutral beige pink (cream)
  • Sheer Mandarin: mid-tone yellow orange (cream)
  • Blossom Culture: soft pink with pearl (frost)
  • Korean Candy: vright orange-red (cream)
  • Supreme Style: light coral pink with pearl (frost)
  • Fashion City: neutral coral pink (cream)
  • Happy Hibiscus: creamy white pink (frost)
  • Royal Azalea: vright mid-tone pink (cream)
  • Asian Flower: creamy lavender (cream)
  • Insanely It: watermelon pink (cream)
  • Bare Again: pinky neutral beige (cream)
  • Supremely Confident: pale nude (cream)

MAC Seasonally Supreme Collection Preview

Surf Baby GIVEAWAY
Surf Baby Overview Part I
Surf Baby Overview Part II

www.allurabeauty.com

ladyarwen

MORE Sheen Supremes? Are these permanent or limited?

EDIT: OK, I see there are some shades on there that came out with the original collection. So I'm more confused. lol

GlamQueen21

Awesome that MAC is doing more Sheen Supreme lipstick shades!! I have not tried their formula yet and need to lol

ssaemblog

AAAAH, being a person that studies Mandarin, listens to K/TPOP, watches Japanese|Taiwanese shows and Korean movies, this is right up my alley.

But the price isn't, LOL.
I had a hard enough time spending 18$ on a lipstick this weekend.

Korean Candy makes me wanna go get the Korean candy I have though.

Allura Beauty

ssaemblog

Oh, okay. Now I am more excited, haha. Will definitely wait and see what the swatches look like though.

liba

Don't know for sure yet, but my guess is they new shades will be LE, since the collection is re-promoting a few of the old shades.

MAC Seasonally Supreme Collection Preview

Surf Baby GIVEAWAY
Surf Baby Overview Part I
Surf Baby Overview Part II

www.allurabeauty.com
I hope they're not swapping out these colors for the previous Sheen Supreme perms - there are quite a few there I've been wanting when I ran out of my similar LE lipsticks and glosses. Although, I'll say there are some lovely new shades here too.....

The best thing is if they're just adding to the full perm. range! Fingers crossed.
cheerleader.gif

ladyarwen

I just realized that with GlamGlass coming out in July, I'm REALLY gonna be stocking up on lip products this summer.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hm... I haven't actually used my existing Sheen Supremes that much since I got them, but some of those colours sound tempting (hello lavender...)

liba

Hm... I haven't actually used my existing Sheen Supremes that much since I got them, but some of those colours sound tempting (hello lavender...)

I only bought Full Speed and it was a bit loud in the dead end of winter here when my skin's at its palest.

Lately, though, I've been enjoying it and wearing it often - the texture and opacity level is really nice. It's honestly getting more use than Playtime and Quite Cute (which I wore up a storm in the spring) right now, but not enough as my beloved Exxxhibitionist and Super, about neck and neck with Hibiscus.

I'm eyeballing Sheer Mandarin (is this the apricot of my dreams?) and Korean Candy along with the lavender.

Seriously, MAC's collections may have seemed a little all over the place this year, but they sure have done some great lip colors in '11.

shontay07108

I bought two Sheen Supreme's and I've only worn one once. When I am planning my looks I always see them and know I should use them, but I don't I am determined to use both this week. OK, at least one. I am interested in all the ones involving coral(of course) and the lavender one. I will wait for swatches before I get too excited.

liba

I bought two Sheen Supreme's and I've only worn one once. When I am planning my looks I always see them and know I should use them, but I don't I am determined to use both this week. OK, at least one. I am interested in all the ones involving coral(of course) and the lavender one. I will wait for swatches before I get too excited.
I blame the alternate packaging plus that flat surface is a little off-putting when you're used to a standard bezeled lipstick shape for application.

The formula is really nice feeling on the lips, though - like if you took two thirds Cremesheen lipstick and mashed it up with one third Cremesheen Glass, so I enjoy that. I was almost going to get a couple more today to round up my Blogger order to $50 but I passed, since I'd rather buy colors in person 100% of the time. I still would like Ultra Darling, Gotta Dash! (as a Jazzed replacement when I run out), Impressive (gotta compare it to the Semi-Precious Cremesheen that's similar) and maybe Insanely It.

I'll probably pick up a few more when I go into my local store to get a sneak peek at Semi-Precious next week! How did you like Insanely It!? It seemed like maybe too common a pink - Full Speed seemed a little crazier so that's why I got it instead.