MAC Select Program

montREALady

I wasn't planning on getting half that stuff but the free next day shipping got me lol. Saves me trying to go to a store. I'm in NY for a quick turnaround this weekend!
Ay ay! Why? Message me! I won't stalk you this time don't worry! Lmaoooo!

Love it on you!

Pretty, pretty, ladies!!
Thanks!

Exactly how I feel!!! It looks beautiful on you.

Thanks!

bluelitzer

image.jpg
So Select, Twig and Amorous
View attachment 52492
I got to compare the color with some stuff I have. It will look different on everyone, but on me it's practically Twig but with pink-brown-grey trio undertones (Twig has a peachy-brown undertone, thus slightly warmer). But if I took a picture of me wearing both I couldn't tell from an arms length distance which is which.

Last edited:

Miradan

Thank you! I have been meaning to get Twig, but it definitely looks like a close enough dupe of So Select that I can pass (until, years from now, I finish So Select!). Pleased to see a substantial difference from Amorous (which I already have and love).

SleepingBeauty

MAC has royally f*cked up this time, I can tell from your reactions. It seems like they didn't think this through at all. I'm not in the US and I highly doubt we will ever get this programme here (considering they just changed B2M - now it's only possible to B2M for eyeshadows and that only in stores and not at counters anymore) but MAC has not been catching my eye lately, anyway. There are so many good companies out there people will be happy to give their money to if MAC doesn't want it.

starletta, I really hope MAC will make your purchase count. I'd be so, so pissed if I was you, too. It's not like you spent $30 or something.

nudibelle

I just BU'd up
I have only done that ONCE in my MAC lifespan
(my beloved mangrove MY FAVORITE LIPSTICK EVER EVER)

KGeezy

So I ordered so select earlier today. Thank god I waited it out just in time for the overnight code . It should be here tomorrow, I can't wait to swatch

Kaidan

I got So Select lipstick today and I have a bit of a mixed feeling to it. When I swatch it on my arm it has this mauve-brown undertones but on my lips the mauve and dusty pink stand out more, but the brown undertone is still strong. I like how it looks on my lips and the color is so rich and pigmented, but it's a color that I need to create a "look" with because it's an off-beat unique color for me. My mom and sisters said the color made me look old. :'(

Can anyone recommend a similar color but with stronger pink undertones (doesn't matter the brand)?

GreenEyedAllie

I got So Select lipstick today and I have a bit of a mixed feeling to it. When I swatch it on my arm it has this mauve-brown undertones but on my lips the mauve and dusty pink stand out more, but the brown undertone is still strong. I like how it looks on my lips and the color is so rich and pigmented, but it's a color that I need to create a "look" with because it's an off-beat unique color for me. My mom and sisters said the color made me look old. :'(

Can anyone recommend a similar color but with stronger pink undertones (doesn't matter the brand)?

Maybe NARS Anita?? I'll swatch tomorrow.

Tarabotti

I'm going to have to change the way I buy MAC. I love my department store MAC counter but MAC is not going to count purchases from them. I have to go to a free standing MAC store or buy online. That totally suckss

lipstickaddict

View attachment 52491
So Select, Twig and Amorous
View attachment 52492
I got to compare the color with some stuff I have. It will look different on everyone, but on me it's practically Twig but with pink-brown-grey trio undertones (Twig has a peachy-brown undertone, thus slightly warmer). But if I took a picture of me wearing both I couldn't tell from an arms length distance which is which.

Thank you so much for the swatches and info! Definitely helps!

lilinah

After seeing everyone's swatches, i am going to skip So Select lipstick. It's a good deal brighter than i initially thought. Thanks to everyone for posting.

lipstickaddict

I'm skipping too. Considering it looks so much like Twig, there's no need for me to repeat the 90's when I wore that lipstick to death. :marchmellow: