MAC site--US/Canada diff

gigglegirl

Hey guys, I just need to vent.

With the Cdn dollar being so good, nearly at par with the Us dollar, it'd be much cheaper if I could order from the US site, pay US prices. Then I decided to look closer at the US MAC site. They still have Helium! and have a colour called Golden Olive in pigments.
ssad.gif
But of course, having a Cdn address I cannot place an order there. Boo. So I have to a) have a more limited selection through the Canadian site b) pay a premium for the differences b/w Cdn and US prices. IE E/s 16.50 in Cdn, 14 USD. Pigments 23.50 in Cdn, 19.50 USD.

With several pigments and e/s I was looking at buying, the couple dollars difference really would add up.

Boo.
weeping.gif
Thanks for reading!

goink

Yes. I know exactly what you mean. With the CAD almost equaling the USD, we, as Canadians, are paying more.
We cannot change the shipping format of the MAC US online store. If possible, buy when you're in the States.

To give you some comfort, there are other countries in which MAC sells for a much higher price when compared with the USD equivalent.
smiles.gif

NutMeg

Do you have any relatives or friends in the States? If so, order them from that address and get them sent to you up here.

gigglegirl

Hey Nutmeg, thanks. But unfortunately I don't have any relatives or friends in the US. I wish! Yep, it would be so simple for me to pay and ship it to them and they could forward it to me.....

cinnamongurlee

i wrote into the MAC peeps abotu this when the CAD was 95 cents (about 2 months ago). i asked if the CAD was strong, if they were increasing US prices or lowering CAN prices. they just sent me a very lame, vague and general PFO email in return.

knoxydoll

It won't be another 2 years (at least analysts say) before we start seeing any kind of price change on any goods (especially books gah). Oh well. We can also hope for a faster change can't we?

gigglegirl

"very lame, vague and general PFO email in return."--Thanks Cinnamongurlee, this made me lol but still pissed that nothing would really happen. But still, thanks for sharing!

"Huh? I'm Canadian and I got my golden olive pigment from the Canadian website..."--SnowWhiteQueen--I don't know when you purchased this but in the last week or so they've not had Golden Olive on the pigment CDN site. So unless you see something I don't.....

wolfsong

Sometimes the MAC sites have faults/differences. Just be fortunate that you dont like in the UK - we have to pay double that of USA!

AppleDiva

Well, too bad you dont live near a border. I am bummed b.c I used to go to Canada to a lot of housewares shopping. Well enjoy the strength of your dollar. You can also have someone do a CP for you. Shipping to Canada is not that expensive.

gigglegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
Well, too bad you dont live near a border. I am bummed b.c I used to go to Canada to a lot of housewares shopping. Well enjoy the strength of your dollar. You can also have someone do a CP for you. Shipping to Canada is not that expensive.

Hey Applediva, I'm learning acronyms but still don't know what does CP mean?

EDIT: CP=Custom purchase. Thanks!!!

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva

I was thinking about that too, but I was wondering if it's worth it unless I'm getting more than 3 items (which I can't do quite yet, stupid car repairs) b/c I'd like to get tracking on it - don't want to risk losing a precious haul!

And it sucks that shipping within Canada is so high too b/c I'd totally dip into Buffalo and send packages out, but the total would actually come to more than retail after tax!
weeping.gif