MAC - Solar Field - May 08

MAC_Whore

Place all your Solar Field swatches and product photographs in this thread - please ensure that your images are clear, in focus and as colour-accurate as possible! For the sake of clarity, I ask that official product images and swatches (those that you would find on a mailer postcard, sourced from MAC or posted on the official MAC website) are not posted in this thread.

Please remember that Specktra has a posting guideline that all posted images be no wider than 640 pixels or higher than 800 pixels - if your image is any larger than that, please make a text link to the image instead.

15nrvdc.jpg

• This thread is for pictures only - please keep all chatter and questions within the Solar Field discussion thread.
  • For official product images, release dates and other information, please refer to the Solar Field colour story thread.

sleepyhead

i found these swatches on a chinese forum

200843017304775572.jpg

200843017312384988.jpg

2008513282537832.jpg

the color is more accurate in this photo
2008513283593679.jpg

2008513284449382.jpg

photos courtesy of 敗家女@ e-angels.net (it's a chinese forum)

jenntoz

ScatterRays Solar Bits
clickable thumbnails...

to show the texture on my finger...

one swipe from the little bit on my finger...

2 swipes...

3 swipes...

with flash...

jenntoz

ScatterRays over blackground paint pot.
Trying to dupe Black Ore
All No Flash
clickable thumbnails

(indoor lighting/and natural lighting)

(natural light)

(bathroom lighting)

SMMY

Meep! This is the first time I've ever done swatches, so I hope these are acceptable. I've posted the images in large sizes that you can see by clicking on the with flash and without flash links as well. I used Becca eye tint as a base, because it is neutral and non-shimmery.

Without flash:

Solarbitsnoflash1a.JPG

With flash:

Solarbitsflasha.JPG

janelovesyou

Sunpower Solar Bits

sunpowerswatch4.jpg

In the jar

sunpowerswatch1.jpg

Swatched alone and over Rubenesque paint pot

sunpowerswatch2.jpg

On my face over Rubenesque to show the crazy amount of fallout.

sunpowerswatch3.jpg

Up close of the Bits

red

Bronzescape (bottom right) & Black Ore (top right)

100_7982.jpg

on left are 2 e/s from sci-fi: Magnetic Fields & Evening Aura

Colorqueen

I did a comparison photo of Black Ore with Too Faced Shooting Star so you could all see. I used Urban Decay Primer Potion only- no colored base used at all.

Although they are close, Black Ore has an extra Ooomph that Shooting Star does not have.

In person Black Ore is truly beautiful- well worth fighting with the horrible mess to apply it.
greengrin.gif

EDIT: I figured out how to apply Black Ore without any fallout- I use the 242 brush from MAC dampened and I got no fallout at all- it was wonderful.

BlackOresmaller-1.jpg