MAC Spring and Summer Trends 09

Alison5683

I was told by my MAC artist that they are changing the shadow palettes. He says that they will have clear tops now for easier access. He says this is in response to the fact that we all have to label our palettes but we will be see. He says it probably won't be out until atleast the end of the year. I tried inquiring at another MAC store but they seemed clueless. Maybe you have heard something ? Hmmm???

cloudsweare

Love them. But, I've only ordered one product from the trends. Which was Atlantic Blue E/S. Nice to see that is no longer Pro. Same goes for Violetta lipstick.

rbella

I think for the most part they are great. Good way to get some products that are must have's sold (like carbon). I also think it is a great way for someone who buys MAC products but doesn't have a good hand at application to learn. I love that it focuses on the entire spectrum: from neutral to bright to smokey. They can ALL be worn by anyone-quite beautifully.

abbyquack

I lovee these trends, I am really excited to see Violetta on the regular site, so I don't have to wait for my sis in NY to make the trek downtown to the pro store for me.
lol.gif
Love the orange lips and the dewy skin.

TexasBelle

I was looking at these last night and fell in love with the bright orange/red lips, and the lip look that used the blue-brown pigment and the sparkly clear gloss. I immediately ran to the bathroom to try it out (I don't have MAC's blue-brown, but I have a L'Oreal HIP pigment that is a near-dupe). The result was fascinating . . . looked a lot better on me than I'd expected, plus my partner LOVED it (which surprised me - but I forget, he likes punk/gothic looks).

Anyway, I have yet to buy any MAC lipsticks, but Morange and Violetta have me tempted, now
smiles.gif

-moonflower-

All of the looks are really nice. The only thing is, in the picture with carbon, blacktrack and blackground, blacktrack fluidline looks really glossy. But on me it's matte, do you think that's really what they used in the photos? I'm always on the lookout for a glossy black liner so I got a bit excited when I saw that picture, but then I was annoyed when I saw it was just fluidline.

rbella

^^^I need to go back and look at that as well. I remember thinking that it was quite shiny. At the time I had just finished viewing the pic with the eye gloss and I thought maybe they used that, but I don't think that would be safe underneath the eye???? I would love a glossy liner as well.

MAC_Whore

I loved the Blue Flare look and the Beet and Berry look under Tendertone. I am constantly blabbing about how much I adore Violetta, so a new take on it is always welcomed.

Just a note about the pro items being available. Generally when maccosmetics.com does special promos like Halloween, S/S trend or F/W trend that include pro products, they only have the pro products available on the regular site for a limited time. I may be wrong, but I wouldn't necessarily count on them being a permanent addition to the regular line.

LMD84

i'm loving the brilliantly bizzare lips in the artifice section! i would never have thought to out blue brown pigment on my lips like that! it's freaking amazing and i would love to try it for a fun night out look!
smiles.gif

FemmeFatale

I am all in. I love the glossy eyes, huge fake black lashes and wet black liner.
Also, i love those glittery lips, in real life that wouldn't work but how i wish it could!!!
ssad.gif

HYDRALUMINOUS!!! Yippee for anything dewy and glowy.
yahoo.gif

I have never seen this page on the mac website, its a great idea!
thmbup.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareclouds
Love them. But, I've only ordered one product from the trends. Which was Atlantic Blue E/S. Nice to see that is no longer Pro. Same goes for Violetta lipstick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Just a note about the pro items being available. Generally when maccosmetics.com does special promos like Halloween, S/S trend or F/W trend that include pro products, they only have the pro products available on the regular site for a limited time. I may be wrong, but I wouldn't necessarily count on them being a permanent addition to the regular line.

you're right jen. atlantic blue is still pro only. its just available on the reg site for a limited time only, same as with halloween time.

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I especially love the looks under Tendertone!!
thmbup.gif

Almost a rainbow and Blue Flare the most.

Almost a Rainbow and Blue Flare is gorgoeous!! Goldmine and Passionate e/s go so well together and so does Aquadisiac and Atlantic Blue e/s. I also like Black and Earthy! I love smokey eye looks! I'm thinking about getting Naval Blue pigment since I've been seeing it on Ebay a lot and Violetta l/s. Oh by the way guys, MAC is having a free standard shipping with any SS09 purchase until MAY 4th!!! May 4th ya'll!!! How awesome is that?!

chickatthegym

I realize that these some of these from the SS09 trends are normally "Pro" products... but are any of them Limited Edition?!?