MAC Staff Card Question

baybehbekah

i received mine about 3 or 4 weeks after i started working and my manager is pretty much on top of it
smiles.gif

glamdoll

Really? I was told that there is no certain time and that it will come when it does. ack! I want mine too! who do I ask?

darkbeauty27

Supposedly our managers are the ones who put in our staff card order. I wonder if we could call MAC and see if the order has been placed yet. I'm a little afraid to ask my manager if she has done it because I'm still pretty new.

calbear

There is no certain time frame. I got mine pretty quick but there are people in my region that it took 4 months to get their card. So even if they ordered it, it can take anywhere from two weeks to MONTHS

glamdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbeauty27
Supposedly our managers are the ones who put in our staff card order. I wonder if we could call MAC and see if the order has been placed yet. I'm a little afraid to ask my manager if she has done it because I'm still pretty new.

Don't be afraid, just mention to her, Im pretty sure she'll be cool about it. I asked mine, and I was told there is no for sure time. Hmm hopefully I get it soon
smiles.gif

glamdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbear
There is no certain time frame. I got mine pretty quick but there are people in my region that it took 4 months to get their card. So even if they ordered it, it can take anywhere from two weeks to MONTHS

Yeah this is what I was told. One of my friends has been w/ the company 3yrs and she JUST got hers. But before you could shop w/ an ID now you HAVE to have the card, NO excuses. yup.

smiles.gif

lainz

you have to have your manager fill out the order form and you have to sign it. so if you havent signed any paper for it, then nothing has been done to get you one. one of my coworkers had to wait a year to get hers...so you gotta be patient.

glamdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by lainz
you have to have your manager fill out the order form and you have to sign it. so if you havent signed any paper for it, then nothing has been done to get you one. one of my coworkers had to wait a year to get hers...so you gotta be patient.

Really?? Omg, Im gonna ask about it again lol holidays are coming up real fast and I know my card will be the least of our worries by then. Might as well do it now.

darkbeauty27

Wow, so I won't be able to get my discount at any MAC stores until I get the staff card, right? I haven't signed anything yet.
ssad.gif

(For reference I work at a MAC counter, not at a store)

glamdoll

Quote:
Wow, so I won't be able to get my discount at any MAC stores until I get the staff card, right? I haven't signed anything yet.
ssad.gif

(For reference I work at a MAC counter, not at a store)

I know at my location it is mandatory to have the staff card, you cannot purchase anything
ssad.gif

Im asking tomorrow!

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdoll
I know at my location it is mandatory to have the staff card, you cannot purchase anything
ssad.gif

Im asking tomorrow!

I think it is the same way here.
ssad.gif
Please let me know what you find out so I can ask my manager the same question that you ask yours.
smiles.gif

It sucks we can't get that discount yet because I want so many of the Pearlglide liners! We only get a small discount at the department store I work at (Nordies) and it just doesn't compare to the MAC staff discount.

I just don't understand why our managers haven't had us sign up for the card yet. I wonder if there is a certain amount of time they have to let pass before they even offer it to us? It seems like something that should be done automatically once you start working for the company...

miss_supra

You need your staff card to buy any products at the MAC store.

I know girls that still haven't gotten it 3-6 months after working
ssad.gif

Ruby_Woo

I checked today and I am in the system, I wonder how long it will take me to get the physical card.

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
I checked today and I am in the system, I wonder how long it will take me to get the physical card.

Did you have to fill out a form and sign it or did you just get put into the system automatically?

Are any of you guys getting your staff discount without the card? If so, how do you do this?

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Did you have to fill out a form and sign it or did you just get put into the system automatically?

Are any of you guys getting your staff discount without the card? If so, how do you do this?

I didn't fill out a form, well not one that I recall unless I missed it in the paper work. But I checked today, my friend and I (we got hired at the same time) we're both in the system. I am waiting on my actual card though.
I have been working for like 3 months now though, so you should wait a month or two and check it out again.

We let PPID holders shop w/ their licence if they lost their card, but I dunno why we can't do this for staff.
ssad.gif

darkbeauty27

Okay so I was just put in the system about 2 weeks ago. I've been with the company for 3 months. I'm just waiting on the card now, which I was told would take 6 weeks to receive. Also, I never signed anything, but before everything was submitted I had to provide my birth month and birth date.

I want it nowwww!
smiles.gif

darkbeauty27

I believe the Staff Card is only for employees at MAC stores and counters. Freelancers are able to apply for the PPID card so they are still able to get a discount.