"MAC stand" in the flea market

II3rinII

ugh!! i work for MAC and i have earned the right to sell MAC, recently a lady has been selling MAC at a stand in a local flea market and myself and my co-workers are pissed. my assist. mang. emailed corp. to let them know and another employee actually went there and took pics with her cell phone. but nothings been done. she tells people she has papers saying shes allowed to sell MAC which is a lie. her stuff is countefeit, yet people purchase it thinking its real, get upset that its crappy product and try to return the items at our store!! is there anything that can be done to stop this person?

destiny1683

WOW people like that really piss me off. It makes me so mad that these poor consumers think they are getting the real thing =(. I wish I could help but I think your manager did the only thing she COULD do which is report it to corp.

So they try returning it to your store? What do you tell them? You cant return the item right?

blazeno.8

Oh God... I was in LA for Thanksgiving and when I went to the Garment District there was fake MAC galore. You couldn't get away from people trying to sell it. The and advertising it with their little black construction board signs that had white tape spelling out "MAC". I figured that given the fact it was the Garment District the LAPD would go in there at some point (maybe later rather than sooner) and get some of the people for selling counterfeits.

MACATTAK

I know around here people have "Mac parties" where people host a party and someone sells fake Mac to buyers. It's everywhere!

II3rinII

theres another chic (locally) who sells fake mac on facebook. she has a "lady gaga brush set".... really? really? but yeah if they try to return it (of course they dont have a receipt) so we politely tell them we can return it.

edit*** oopps meant to say we CANT return it.

Can you report them to the same people who handle fake purses? I mean if you can go to jail for selling fake prada, I feel like you should go to jail for selling fake MAC. I mean we are talking about people's faces!! I know if i put something on my face that caused me to break out or worse, I would be livid!!

Fake Gaga is everywhere!! Have you seen evilbay lately!! Its laughable!! All i can say to people is research what you are trying to spend your money on!!

BellaItalia1969

Hiya,i know how you feel :( it's maddening that this trade in fakes is allowed to continue..but here is what happend to me( btw i live in Croydon,S.London)i went to my local street market to buy bunch of bananas etc and came across a new stall,had a sneaky peak as i was passing by and hey presto fake MAC,sold in huge amounts,mainly the pigments,with no names,boxes badly mashed,fake Hello Kitty,lipstick,lipglass and rectangular eyeshadow palettes all fakey,fakey stuff!So i went in search of market inspector,explained my view and told her that I am not casting aspersions on this seller character but her items are counterfeit!Cut the story short,market inspector called TS and that seller fake MAC,and other fakes were removed!Don't know hun how the law works in US?Good luck and btw market inspector came over and thanked me personally as all items were positevely ID as replica!xx
PS.Lots of peeps sell fake MAC,on Facebook sad but true...although eBay,is still numero uno for fakey,somethin out of horror movie Mac??!Look below@the eyeshadows:UK seller:Baredfacedbeauty2010 ! WTH are those blushers??Frankly scarlet??Geez where do they come from?!!!
Item number: 20054876958
%21B-gcn0%21EWk%7E$%28KGrHqJ,%21k8Ey+jCw3Q6BM81%21y81lg%7E%7E_35.JPG

%21B-6PpmwBmk%7E$%28KGrHqF,%21isEzMw%28RBEDBM-Bk88Wzg%7E%7E_35.JPG
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-MAC-Frankly-Scarlet-Sheertone-Shimmer-Blush-/200550504101?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2eb1bdd6a5
%21B-pWVEwEWk%7E$%28KGrHqN,%21i0EzNrdOD2WBM9S1pwCfg%7E%7E_35.JPG

theres another chic (locally) who sells fake mac on facebook. she has a "lady gaga brush set".... really? really? but yeah if they try to return it (of course they dont have a receipt) so we politely tell them we can return it.

Eleentje

I think it kinda serves those people right for being such cheap asses (I mean, if there is a Mac store in your city, why on earth would you buy Mac makeup at a stall otherwise?)

I do feel really sorry for people abroad, who don't have any Mac stores in their country. Ebay is their only source for Mac in this case! They are often willing to pay really high prices for the stuff that is not even real Mac. Since they don't have a store, they can't go there and check out the genuine products. Sadly enough, they probably wear those fakes with pride, thinking that this is as good as Mac product quality gets
icon_eek.gif

AiriMagdalene

If I were you, I would type up a sign and put it on your storefront that gives the specific location of the fake mac retailer. Just print it up on some neon paper in huge letters so it'll catch people's attention and they'll know. Call the people who manage the flea market and inform them, and also call Mac Corporate. I see fake Mac at my flea market all the time. I actually thought of buying one of the fake MAC nail polishes which was in a tiny little thin bottle with a blue cap just so I could show it on youtube and laugh, but I felt wrong about giving in and paying for it. Also, I mean, if you're like me and you do extreme things to prove points, I think you and your fellow employees from your mac store should all go down to her little stand with proof that you're actual mac employees and tell everyone who comes up to her stand that everything is fake. What is she going to do? Call the cops? She's selling counterfeit merchandise.

LC

If I were you, I would type up a sign and put it on your storefront that gives the specific location of the fake mac retailer. Just print it up on some neon paper in huge letters so it'll catch people's attention and they'll know. Call the people who manage the flea market and inform them, and also call Mac Corporate. I see fake Mac at my flea market all the time. I actually thought of buying one of the fake MAC nail polishes which was in a tiny little thin bottle with a blue cap just so I could show it on youtube and laugh, but I felt wrong about giving in and paying for it. Also, I mean, if you're like me and you do extreme things to prove points, I think you and your fellow employees from your mac store should all go down to her little stand with proof that you're actual mac employees and tell everyone who comes up to her stand that everything is fake. What is she going to do? Call the cops? She's selling counterfeit merchandise.

totally agree with this