Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo1026
what color do you use?

i am in between NC50 & NW 45

Do you use the Studio Tech too?

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaexbabey
based on your comparison pic, would you say that the studio tech is darker than sff?

Yes it is slightly darker IMO and the creamy texture...takes away the kind of powdery lighter type appearance...
Hard to explain...

d n d

I have been using Studio Tech for years in NW 45. It's the only MAC foundation I can wear that doesn't irritate my skin. Unfortunately, my last purchase of Studio Tech left me a little worried, it's like the color and consistency was different, who knows maybe they changed up the formula or I got a bad item.

I love Studio Tech, my only complaint is that if you have oily skin like myself, be prepared to touch up-touch up -touch up!

SassyMochaJess

Quote:
Originally Posted by d n d
I have been using Studio Tech for years in NW 45. It's the only MAC foundation I can wear that doesn't irritate my skin. Unfortunately, my last purchase of Studio Tech left me a little worried, it's like the color and consistency was different, who knows maybe they changed up the formula or I got a bad item.

I love Studio Tech, my only complaint is that if you have oily skin like myself, be prepared to touch up-touch up -touch up!

It is my favorite mac foundation hands down but if you get oily, I suggest u set it wit a light powder. i use msf natural(deep dark). I too wear nw45 and find the color to match very well. It looks a bit red in the compact but once its applied and blended on your skin its flawless.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMochaJess
It is my favorite mac foundation hands down but if you get oily, I suggest u set it wit a light powder. i use msf natural(deep dark). I too wear nw45 and find the color to match very well. It looks a bit red in the compact but once its applied and blended on your skin its flawless.

The NC 45 is more golden in the pot...But applies really great...

K_ashanti

i love studio tech too but alas my skin is crazy oily so i save it for special events (wedding , formal dinners etc) but i love it now that my skin is drying out a little i will try it again

fresh76

i just want to say that because of this thread, I bought the 109 brush last night and OMG - my makeup is FLAWLESS today. I LOVE my 109 and Studio Tech!!
smiles.gif

couturesista

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh76
i just want to say that because of this thread, I bought the 109 brush last night and OMG - my makeup is FLAWLESS today. I LOVE my 109 and Studio Tech!!
smiles.gif

Told Ya
thmbup.gif

nunu

Do you girls dab the 109 into the foundation and dot it on the face and buff it up?

I wana try!

carandru

The 109 is my best friend!! I use that brush for anything that I want to be buffed in flawlessly. I shall purchase one or two or three more.... I think I've developed the brush addiction.
mac_addict.gif

couturesista

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Do you girls dab the 109 into the foundation and dot it on the face and buff it up?

I wana try!

I dab mine into the foundation and just do a spot application. I don't apply foundation all over my face just as needed. Then I buff away, and after that I use the same brush for my cremeblush (Laid Back) looks so goood over Studio Tech! I too think I need another 109. See Carandru, you got me spending money!
th_LMAO.gif

rosasola1

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
I apply mine with the 109 brush. The 190 seems to be streaky IMO and doesn't blend well. When I first went into MAC that's the brush the MA used but I wasn't sold on the 109 until I went home and saw the difference between the 109 and 190.

OOH OOH! Ask ANY MAC MU about the 109 and they will rave! it's like a little kept secret. That little bush air brushes!!!
yahoo.gif
thmbup.gif

makeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu

I wana try!

i have an imitation 109 mac brush that i use to put on my studio tech. i dab my brush across the product or lightly swipe it then use my kabuki brush to buff the foundation and it works like a charm! if i dont buff the foundation into my skin it will look to heavy and creamy on me.

da hood model try using a primer before putting on your studio tech to combat the oil.

statusmode

ooh I'm definately going to try this foundation out. I currently use Mineralize Satinfinish, I want more coverage so my next foundation was going to be Studio Fix; but I'll get studio tech instead!