MAC - Stylishly Yours Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Unique
Don't you just love the way Susanne is so slick with the way she drops these new threads 'on time'! Nice one lady!!!

Stylishly Yours, first impressions based on c.story - coming across as very fruity! *work with me*, it sounds bright, I guess is what i'm trying to say lol.

Big up Salina, with her list already!

tong.gif

I'm thinking it'll get chopped in half, but that's everything I might get. I'm slightly disappointed this isn't a huge collection of red lip products, but also relieved, for wallet's sake. I think there may be some interesting pieces in here.

And we all know I can't turn down a purple lipstick.
nope.gif
team_purple.gif
lol.gif

ktbeta

I'm sorry if I missed something -- is this collection launching on December 10 or December 26?

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbeta
I'm sorry if I missed something -- is this collection launching on December 10 or December 26?

December 26th, 2010.
yes.gif

December 10 = December 2010

ktbeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
December 26th, 2010.
yes.gif

December 10 = December 2010

OHHHHHHHHH... I feel a little silly now.

So this, Cham-Pale, and the new mascara are coming out on the same day, and it's a Sunday?! Wow.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbeta
OHHHHHHHHH... I feel a little silly now.

So this, Cham-Pale, and the new mascara are coming out on the same day, and it's a Sunday?! Wow.

Pretty much. This is my first winter with MAC, but apparently, they always come out the day after Christmas.
th_dunno.gif

omgitzstephanie

Hmm from the description Play it Proper beauty powder sounds similar to the VV Oh So Fair b/p. Well actually, I kinda like the Play it Proper description better :p I wonder how they compare.

Oh, and does anyone know if these items come in special packaging? If they don't, I guess I'll just buy Oh So Fair.
smiles.gif
TIA.

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I may just get the fluidline, as well. They make decent bases. And it does sound amazing.
choochoo.gif

I didn't know they could be used that way. Sort of like a PP?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
Oh wait! Is Dark Diversion anything like Nonconformist? darker? lighter?
graucho.gif
Maybe I won't be able to know yet, that's ok!
tong.gif

non-conformist wasn't plum nor blackened.

sadly, there were no fluidlines at update.
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitzstephanie
Hmm from the description Play it Proper beauty powder sounds similar to the VV Oh So Fair b/p. Well actually, I kinda like the Play it Proper description better :p I wonder how they compare.

Oh, and does anyone know if these items come in special packaging? If they don't, I guess I'll just buy Oh So Fair.
smiles.gif
TIA.

OSF has more colour.

its all regular packaging.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
I didn't know they could be used that way. Sort of like a PP?

Yeah, I have one and that's all I use it for. Mostly just for color, tho, over UDPP.
yes.gif

omgitzstephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
OSF has more colour.

its all regular packaging.

Oh, thanks! Wow I never would have guessed OSF was more pigmented but I'm actually very happy to hear that.
smiles.gif
Back to the VV craziness for me..
th_LMAO.gif

GlamQueen21

Another collection that I'm excited about!!! My list:

Style Curve l/s
Something New l/s
Tickle Me Pink CCB
Too Chic BP
Play It Proper BP

dearcupcake

Too Chic BP

Although other items listed sound amazing I am restraining myself here to be able to afford the Peacocky collection
smiles.gif

Eleentje

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearcupcake
Too Chic BP

Although other items listed sound amazing I am restraining myself here to be able to afford the Peacocky collection
smiles.gif

Same here! The fluidline sounds tempting, but I have to resist the temptation, as Peacocky is going to be a killer.

laylalovesmac

Like you guys, I want to restrain myself because of Peacocky, but it'll be hard.

Style Curve
Madly Personal
New Fixation
Follow Your Fancy
Movie Star
Dark Diversion
Too Chic
Play It Proper

Let's hope this cuts with swatches.

euphrosyne_rose

I just got Cockney as a B2M lippie. When I walked over to the display, it immediately caught my eye and called out to me..."Erin...I'm the one you want!" and I am so glad I got it. It's an absolute fabulous color. I think it'd look pretty as just a light stain as well.

I've been wanting Virgin Isle since I saw Pixiwoo use it in a video. Lou, I use a slanted blush brush for my cream blushes and barely dab it into the compact. I very rarely overdo it and I can usually blend it out when I do.
tong.gif

Dark Diversion and New Hue are calling me as well, especially since I have green eyes and I'm really excited b/c there hasn't been alot of MAC lately calling my my name.
th_DANCE.gif

TeresitaMC

Oh so maybe Dark Diversion is more of a red-plum?
th_dunno.gif

Until I find out more about that one, this collection might be a skip for me.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Whew! I think this is finally a collection I can go easy on. It's not that the colours don't sound nice, but they sound very dupe-able. I already have Neon Orange and Cockney, which I heartily endorse.

I'm definitely in for Style Curve, provided it's not too much of a dupe for Violetta.

As pretty as the beauty powders sound, I have no excuse to ever bring another pink or peach coloured powder into my home. At least not until I hit pan on something that's already here.

The description of the blackened burgundy mascara intrigues me, but I have a feeling it's just going to look like brown when worn.