MAC Tabloid Beauty Discussion

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKiKix
i think the only "good" thing in this collection is the skin refined zone treatment, but even that is barely ok.

SKIP!!! (saving money for bigger and better things)

exactly!
smiles.gif
thmbup.gif

Vlcatko

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKiKix
i think the only "good" thing in this collection is the skin refined zone treatment, but even that is barely ok.

SKIP!!! (saving money for bigger and better things)

Yeah, the Refined Zone is nice and better yet is the fact that with this collection it is supposed to stay permanent! Yay
th_DANCE.gif
I would rush in and buy it as soon as it gets here but I liked it so much that when it came out last year I bought enough to last me a little longer
thmbup.gif

So I will also skip this collection and save for something else
mac_haul.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
It seems to me that the special packaging is box only!

I think it is just a paper sleeve (is that the right spelling?
winks.gif
) that is over the regular packaging
yes.gif

xKiKix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlcatko
I bought enough to last me a little longer
thmbup.gif

i only brought one last year during the colour ready collection but i barely even used it, it's like 95% full still. lol.

Karrie

has anyone seen swatches from the pro longwear lip colours? i like the pro longwears but i can't find swatches
ssad.gif

the special packaging is really pretty!

Hypathya

Quote:
Yeah, the Refined Zone is nice and better yet is the fact that with this collection it is supposed to stay permanent! Yay
th_DANCE.gif

I have enough primer, since RZ is permanent maybe I'll care for it once I need to restock. But for now, this is a complete skip.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Not that anyone is too excited about this collection, but it is already up on MAC's website and it has special packaging. I don't know if it's just the boxes or boxes and product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Is it just me, or does this collection seem rather half hearted? I mean, the prep and prime products are great, but I don't understand how they are "tabloid beauty"?

Seems like a collection with such a strong name could have had really exciting new product/new colour potential.
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Tabloid Beauty should have been a huge collection mid May with all the hottest or popular products MAC had ever created! Kinda like bringing back the old favorites in new packaging.

This collection is so boring.
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirlgirl
Monica, I totally agree! There is so much they could have done with the name Tabloid Beauty...and this is what they do? It is kind of a let down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
This collection is a total 100% skip!!! What a waste and MAC should just do everyone's favorite products in this collection besides having both the Pro Longwear Lip Colours and the Pro Longwear Lustre Lip Colours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
It seems to me that the special packaging is box only!

Quote:
th_DANCE.gif
I would rush in and buy it as soon as it gets here but I liked it so much that when it came out last year I bought enough to last me a little longer
thmbup.gif

So I will also skip this collection and save for something else
mac_haul.gif

I think it is just a paper sleeve (is that the right spelling?
winks.gif
) that is over the regular packaging
yes.gif

its just a cardboard sleeve that goes over the regular packaging.

the idea behind this collection is "read all about it". each sleeve gives you the "inside scoop" on the product. kinda like how the tabloids do. hence "tabloid beauty".

Lialani

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
I don't wear pro-longwear alone, but I wear them everyday.

I use a similar color to the lip color that I'm going to wear, put it on and then add my lip color before the longwear dries, it extends my lipcolor for hours without being the dryness that some experience with longwear alone. If I need to, I will add more of the lipcolor after the base app has dried to make sure the color I want is what I am seeing, but usually it's not necessary.

That sounds amazing!
drools.gif
I'll try! Would you clarify what you put on first, a regular lippie or pro-longwear and then lippie? I'm confused a bit
th_dunno.gif
If you apply l/s after longwear color, doesn't it create paint flecks or start peeling right away? Do you still apply some gloss on top? I tried to follow MAC's directions but always got a naked area with flecks of paint peeling off inside my lips even before eating. I even tried to keep a smile while it was drying as someone suggested on boards. That looked totally freaky
th_LMAO.gif
Provided gloss made it peel much faster, the same thing used to happen with old MaxFactor long wear colors. So I would end up with a circle of color around naked lips or a big glossy mess overall after applying more color on top of that
thmbdn.gif

COBI

I line and fill (even though when I first bought longwears, the MAC artist said "oh, you don't use liner with longwears".) Then I apply the longwear followed immediately by the lipstick.

Gloss depends on the look I'm going for, but, typically, I do apply gloss; however, I hardly ever use the gloss that's with the longwear.

kpenn

This is the only collection that I have completely passed on in at least the last year. Is it wrong to want to buy something just so that I don't ruin my streak?
shockt.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpenn
This is the only collection that I have completely passed on in at least the last year. Is it wrong to want to buy something just so that I don't ruin my streak?
shockt.gif

honestly i would ignore this collection! it's silly to get something for teh sake of it! save your money for things you'll love and use!
smiles.gif

meToo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpenn
shockt.gif

you could always swap for one of the boxes and then it would be as if you had, right? cuz if you save the cool boxes, (ok, i save the cool boxes), then you have one for your collection.

purplerinne

I really like the Skin Refined Zone since I'm an oily person...but it's perm now here so no need to rush out and buy

smashinator

Just bought the Skin Refined Zone primer, cause it claimed to shrink pores and help with the T zone. I've always had a problem with this. So I put it on at night and in the morning I've already noticed a difference. Love it! Probably only certain skin types will need this though.

I've never tried the Long Wear lipsticks yet, from what people are saying, don't think I would like them.

This collection seems just to be drawing attention to some basic products, which is sometimes good cause some of us might notice products we haven't bothered to try before. But I agree it is more exciting to get brand new products!