MAC Technakohl Liner Collection (Dec 11, 2014)

sar555

I swatched Risque & its perfect & beautiful for the waterline! I'm going to get it for there too. NW15
Thank you for the reply, I think I shall get risque and maybe pick up snowed in as well, might be a nice inner corner highlight...and I like the name.

elegant-one

Thank you for the reply, I think I shall get risque and maybe pick up snowed in as well, might be a nice inner corner highlight...and I like the name.
winkiss.gif
Risque was not as stark as snowed, a but more natural looking yet still eye opening/brightening. I hope you enjoy them.

liba

winkiss.gif
Risque was not as stark as snowed, a but more natural looking yet still eye opening/brightening. I hope you enjoy them.
Plus Risqué goes on more opaque than Snowed, which is important for the waterline. I'm looking forward to getting mine!

elegant-one

Plus Risqué goes on more opaque than Snowed, which is important for the waterline. I'm looking forward to getting mine!
Yes, I thought it was very very nice. None of these 'natural' liner shades has ever done it for me, so I have high hopes for this one. Thanks hun!

Addict4MAC

I also thought her reviews were kind of harsh, however, Technakohls were never that smooth for lining the upper lids. What I've always loved them for was for lining the water lines. It used to be everything would smudge and go raccoon eyes on me except Technakohl. Now, my body chemistry has changed, so Kohl Powers don't smudge on me like they used to, but Technakohl is still more long lasting. I think I like the Pro Longwear pencils the best for their richness and creaminess, but they sure do not have the range of awesome colors like this new line of Technakohls do - not by a long shot!

I didn't much care for any of the metallic colors, all the coppers, golds and silvers, plus the metallic pale white one, but all the other ones are really beautiful and durable. Even the flesh colored ones were durable in my waterline, which is a first for me - no other nude pencil formula ever did that before, not even the Chromagraphic pencil.

I love pretty much all of them, but many of the grey and teal shades are quite close to each other, so if you like those, you may want to check them all out in person to be sure you get the very best of the bunch for your skin tone.

The ones I particularly love are: Bare Asset (very yellow toned to really cancel out any red waterlines - my allergy days will love this one), Risqué (also really great coverage for a nude pencil), Metalhead (very complex blue grey with gold), Cast Iron (looks just like my beloved Midnight Snack fl), Vent (such a pretty sea green), Clay (totally flat, matte neutral grey - so modern), Alpha Grey (very sexy, subtle gold, grey melange that isn't too dark).

Sourpuss and Funfare are going to be great for summer! So glad these are perm. because I am going to wind up with half of them easy. I also like that the colors don't overlap the PLW shades for the most part. Also glad there is a great variety of greys to choose from, since I think that's one of the most flattering pencil shades out there.
Interesting. I will most likely use these on the waterline/lower lashline. Thank you for your thoughts Liba!

lilinah

I'll pick some up of these Technakolhs eventually, probably the acid green, maybe the bright pink, possibly a warm grey. I didn't buy much MAC in November and only planning on a few things in December.

I confess i have cheated on MAC and gotten some eye shadow palettes from Too Faced, Sugarpill, and Urban Decay (UD Electric - OMG!) and a couple OCC Lip Tars (Pagan and Technopagan).

jennyap

Ugh, so irritated. I held off buying the one I wanted from this collection (Sour Puss) and now it turns out it's not perm and it's sold out
censored.gif
Oh Mac, why are you so annoying?!
ohboy.gif

Shleeface

Ugh, so irritated. I held off buying the one I wanted from this collection (Sour Puss) and now it turns out it's not perm and it's sold out :censored:   Oh Mac, why are you so annoying?! :eek:hboy:
I just checked on the site and it's showing as in stock for me right now, and allowed me to put in in my cart for checkout on the U.S. site.

ahoythere

Just bought Cool Jazz, a lovely rich indigo. And Deep Blue Sea, a deep shimmery blue (less teal than Auto-de-blu and darker than Smoothblue). Both are easy to apply and have excellent staying power.
Also just discovered that the fluidline pencils are perm, I never even gave them a glance when they came out with (whichever?) collection they released with but HOLY MOLY Evil Twin is exactly the royal pruple liner I have been hunting for! I wore it today as a winged liner, In the heat, took a nap, drank wine all evening and it stayed put like a CHAMP. And that is saying a lot coming from this face. I can dissolve Waterproof mascaras at a glance.

But back to the technakhols: love them. Love the colors, love the ease of application, and love the staying power. I recommend.