MAC The Stylish Brow Collection Discussion (December 2012)

pinkpaint

I actually use to use a Fluidline for my brows, but I switched to Stud because it was more convenient. It's not so bad now, but man, that pencil would sweat off after an hour in the summer. I'm excited for these.

Eye_ronic

I am ready
clapping.gif

I wonder how similar the fluid brow formula will be to fluildline?

Hemons

I'm so excited for the brow fluid lines!! I use lingering brown pencil now which I like but wish it had more staying power. The brow fluid lines will be great and long lasting I think. Not hard to apply if you have the right brush, a light hand, and make sure you brush through the brow after to make it more natural looking. Really looking forward to these!!

liba

And my usual supplier is out of Fling and Lingering. I really like them because no sharpening required.
Penultimate brow liner sucks. It may be the first MAC product I ever send back.
I actually like the Penultimate brow liner. It's all I use, other than the fluidlines I sometimes add to my brows. Then again, I don't need to draw in my brows. All I do is add a defining line through the center of my natural brows, so for that Penultimate works great.

martiangurll

I am pretty happy with Lingering pencil so don't think I will upgrade. The brow stuff in the container like the fluidline looks like more work than my low maintenance self likes, I like the ease of the no sharpen pencil thingies and then a brow gel in a mascara like tube with a wand you can brush on. I wish MAC would make something like that, but then again, if the fluidline like gel stays put longer, I may become a little less lazy...

My favorite is Dior brow in the tube that is like mascara and has a wand. But I will look into less expensive options if I can find something that matches as well as this one does.

I have been using the MUFE #15 that comes in a tube and just squirt it on my brow brush, so maybe this would be all that different...

erine1881

I am pretty happy with Lingering pencil so don't think I will upgrade. The brow stuff in the container like the fluidline looks like more work than my low maintenance self likes, I like the ease of the no sharpen pencil thingies and then a brow gel in a mascara like tube with a wand you can brush on. I wish MAC would make something like that, but then again, if the fluidline like gel stays put longer, I may become a little less lazy...

My favorite is Dior brow in the tube that is like mascara and has a wand. But I will look into less expensive options if I can find something that matches as well as this one does.

I have been using the MUFE #15 that comes in a tube and just squirt it on my brow brush, so maybe this would be all that different...
mac does make a brow gel, both clear and tinted.

kimibos

yes, i collection i can skip, my wallet is relieve. happy hauling in this one girls, i hope you love the colors of the fluidbrows? and pencils.

lilinah

I'm looking forward to this collection, especially if one of the Brow Fluidlines or pencils is the right color for me.

Until recently i relied on an "ancient" eyebrow pencil i got from Origins back in the mid-90s. This particular brow pencil is a product they don't make anymore. I have actually have two, Bark 03 (medium dark brown) and Beechwood 04 (medium taupe brown), but I definitely prefer the taupe.

I have an Anastasia tinted brow gel with a spoolie, in Brunette which is sort of dark taupe. But it just makes each of my sparse hairs thicker, like mascara, it doesn't really give great definition to my brows as a whole. And i always manage to smear it. So I rarely use it. Maybe i just don't know how to use it right.

What i rely on now is MAC eyeshadow in Omega, a matte "soft muted beige-taupe". My hair is really much darker, but just as i don't look good in red lipstick, i don't look good with very dark brows. Of course, since it's a powder, it wears off after a while - usually the place it disappears from first and most is the almost bare patch just past the peak of one eyebrow.

As far as pencils go, I actually prefer pencils i have to sharpen. I mean, yeah, it's annoying when it's worn down. But my experiences with "automatic" pencils has been that the color dries up well before i'm done using it. A real pencil lasts more than a decade!

Latest posts