MAC Tough Love Collection

Allura Beauty

I don't see any other thread on this collection, so I'll start one here.

This is MAC's Valentine's Day collection. From what I can see, these items are available in the permanent line. Available currently online.

Lipstick

• Girl About Town: fabulous fuchsia (amplified creme)
  • Rebel: vivid pinkish-purple (satin)
  • Cyber: intense blackish-purple (satin)
  • Dubonnet: deepened claret (amplified creme)
  • Sin: Deep dark blue red (matte)
  • Ruby Woo: vivid bluish-red (matte)
Tinted Lipglass

• Shock-o-late: golden brown
  • Pop Mode: plum mixed up with bronze shimmer
Lipmix

• Black
  • Crimson
  • Burgundy
Lip Pencil

• Currant: intense reddish-purple
  • Chestnut: intense brown
  • Burgundy: brownish-burgundy
  • Brick: intense golden red
  • Nightmoth: blackened plum

Tough Love Overview

www.allurabeauty.com

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks for the head's up! Yes, these are all permanent shades, which is too bad, because I would have LOVED to see a couple of new ones in this colour range. Of course, one could argue that I already have a lot of shades in this colour range, but really... Can one really put a limit on things that make one happy?

shontay07108

Well, I love the promo pic and the name. It can bring much needed attention to perm items. With all the LE, it's hard to remember that there are great permanent items. Still would've loved a new shade or two, though. :whistle:

NeverEnoughMac

Hey ladies! Promo code tough gets you free 2nd day shipping! I didnt even know i just took a guess when ordering one of the lightfully bright lipglasses!

katred

Specktra Bestie
^ Same with me and currant lip pencil. I added it my unexpected Lightfully Bright haul.

MACina

Thank you for the information!!!

Is it the first MAC Valentine`s Day Collection?

I have never heard of one before.....

LMD84

yes very nice promo image.but i shall skip because i already have some of the items and not fussed about the rest :) and yes i think it is the first valentines day collection :)

liba

There was a valentine's lipstick promo last year too online, but it wasn't particularly notable - they had Violetta and one or two other pro colors plus some perms. This one has a much cooler picture and theme, though, bringing in the really dark lippies.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Is Sin l/s a repromote? Is it the same as Queen's Sin?
No, Sin is a formerly PRO only colour that seems to have worked its way into the regular Mac line. (It now shows up on the regular site.) It's a matte shade of very dark reddish-purple. I believe it goes back a few years when there was a handful of vampy matte lipsticks introduced to the pro line (I was very happy). Here's a photo:

OctoberViolet

Thanks for the information. I had went on the mac website yesterday & saw this. I was so psyched because I thought, like everyone else, new shades. I never heard of the Sin lipstick before, so I decided to purchase it. It would have cool if they had new colors for Valentine's Day. Oh well. Maybe next year.

I'm hoping that MAC will follow Lancome, Shiseido and the other cosmetic brands and do a full range of Lavender, Lilac and/or Violet. Some sort of all purple collection. That would rock big time.

laylalovesmac

Thanks for the information. I had went on the mac website yesterday & saw this. I was so psyched because I thought, like everyone else, new shades. I never heard of the Sin lipstick before, so I decided to purchase it. It would have cool if they had new colors for Valentine's Day. Oh well. Maybe next year.

I'm hoping that MAC will follow Lancome, Shiseido and the other cosmetic brands and do a full range of Lavender, Lilac and/or Violet. Some sort of all purple collection. That would rock big time.
Yes it would. And I would be completely, 100% broke as a result. Not as broke as if they did Tim Burton, but still. Pretty broke.
girlhaha.gif

Alty

I had no idea there was such thing as "russian red" lipglass. Why is this?
cry.gif

I've never seen it at my counter, and I swear I have looked for a red lipglass. Is it a PRO shade?
Now I want it, sob.

shontay07108

[quote name="Alty" url="/forum/thread/173193/mac-tough-love-collection#post_2077193"] I had no idea there was such thing as "russian red" lipglass. Why is this?
cry.gif

I've never seen it at my counter, and I swear I have looked for a red lipglass. Is it a PRO shade?
Now I want it, sob.
[/quote] No, it's available at regular Mac stores and online. If you can't spot it on your own, ask for assistance.

martiangurll

Okay, I didn't really consider myself a MAC n00b, but guess I still am sometimes. What the heck is a lipmix? More importantly, do I need one?