MAC Tres Cheek discussion

xasperadastra

Didn't you get Early Morning MB? If you can wear that, I'm sure you can wear Modern Mandarin if you use a light touch. I'm NC15 and used to have a very similar red orange blush many years ago that I used every single drop of (and I'm pretty sure my skin was more like NC10 back then too). It was from Diane von Furstenberg from the early 80's when she had a really crazy disco makeup line! Can't wait for MM - it'll be a flash from the past for me, for sure. All the blushes in this collection sound so great - shame they're not perm.

Nope, I only took fresh honey, but I could try Modern mandarin.. I have nothing like it.. I am NC20-25 but I have a "heavy hand" with blushes
cry.gif

Mac-Guy

yeah depotting cream blushes and putting them with powder ones is always bad because the powder bits get stuck in the cream ones and wreck them!

Agreed. It's not a good idea. The powder dust from the other blushes will settle right into the cream blush. I would definitely keep cremeblends in their original container, not only to keep them clean, but also to avoid that they dry out too fast.

Mac-Guy

Nope, I only took fresh honey, but I could try Modern mandarin.. I have nothing like it.. I am NC20-25 but I have a "heavy hand" with blushes
cry.gif

Try it with a fan brush, like the 184, or if that is too light, try the 131. It is nearly impossible to overdo it with these brushes, even if you have a very heavy hand. While it's a huge expense to get different brushes for blush application, it is money well spent as you will certainly be able to enjoy any texture/color that will be released.

paparazziboy

mac no longer macs the fan brushes and the 131 was limited with to the beach if you can find them go for it but the 188 works just as well

Mac-Guy

I don't think that the 188 works well with Modern Mandarin, especially if you want a very light application. The bristles are too long to achieve an even application as MM is very pigmented (hoorray), which can also be a curse. If you missed LE brushes, keep an eye out for them in the clearance bin and/or on ebay.

paparazziboy

its all about the technique i love to apply the blush then apply fix + to my brush then buff it in it s a gorgeous sheered out perfected cheek any super pigmented product can be sheered out its all about the application and the techniques used.

lyseD

Wow, great tip. Can I use this technique with cream blushes as well?

Thanks for the help.

its all about the technique i love to apply the blush then apply fix + to my brush then buff it in it s a gorgeous sheered out perfected cheek any super pigmented product can be sheered out its all about the application and the techniques used.

paparazziboy

im not sure if we are getting the pro pans for this collection because they are not perm in the US. i know asia will get them for sure since the collection is permanent there not here so i really dont count on pro pans

Babylard

cry.gif

I like to use the 187 and gently stipple on my blushes (dry or cream) because I also have a heavy hand. It also helps when you dab your brush on your arm a bit to remove excess product before going onto the cheeks.

OctoberViolet

Aw shucks. Tx paparazziboy. I guess we will have to wait. I'm getting a few of these blushes anyhow pro-palette or not. Definitely Full of Joy is my main one.

im not sure if we are getting the pro pans for this collection because they are not perm in the US. i know asia will get them for sure since the collection is permanent there not here so i really dont count on pro pans

Mac-Guy

I'm hoping for refills on the Pro site at least, though if they are LE, the chances are probably pretty small.

I'm not even looking at the cost, as six refills plus a palette come almost at the same price as six individual compacts. But space becomes the real issue.

mac_aiken

Liba, I agree w/all of your wonderful suggestions. I do have a question though. Does the Clarins Pure Melt leave a film on your brush head?

liba

Not that I noticed. I do wash my brush head out after every use, but the Pure Melt itself behaves really well - it stays a gel with damp fingers or damp brush, but instantly turns into a very light "milk" with a little more water and then washes off very thoroughly. It doesn't leave a moisturizing coating on the skin when you wash it off like a cream cleanser does. It doesn't make the skin feel stripped and taut either (and I have dry, sensitive skin so I'd know). It's definitely a good formula for all skin types - even oily skin.

If you feel like spending the big bucks, though, I swear by the Rodial cleanser, as it's mildly active and yet extremely balanced and moisturizing - makes your skin radiant without going too far in the exfoliation and acidity like a lot of "brightening" formulas do. Not something you want to use at night, but definitely the best I've used for dull, dry middle-aged skin. I use it every morning or for a night out, and then use a cream cleanser at night before bed, usually Clarins, though I'm currently using Shiseido, which I haven't been liking as much as Clarins (although the Clarins formula isn't the same as it used to be, which is why I was switching around out of curiosity).

In a side note: I'm getting such awesome results with MAC's new Mineralize eye cream that I might check out the Lightful cleanser when it comes out - if it's a gel formula, I'm going to stack it up against Rodial and see what happens (it'll be cheaper and easier to find than Rodial, that's for sure). That eye cream is giving me results in just a few weeks that eye creams twice the price haven't managed to do after months of use for me - it's the real deal!

LMD84

awww i was hoping we'd get them. i'm in need of a new blush palette and hate depotting blushes! although at least i can b2m the pots so that's a plus :)

martiangurll

Not that I noticed. I do wash my brush head out after every use, but the Pure Melt itself behaves really well - it stays a gel with damp fingers or damp brush, but instantly turns into a very light "milk" with a little more water and then washes off very thoroughly. It doesn't leave a moisturizing coating on the skin when you wash it off like a cream cleanser does. It doesn't make the skin feel stripped and taut either (and I have dry, sensitive skin so I'd know). It's definitely a good formula for all skin types - even oily skin.
If you feel like spending the big bucks, though, I swear by the Rodial cleanser, as it's mildly active and yet extremely balanced and moisturizing - makes your skin radiant without going too far in the exfoliation and acidity like a lot of "brightening" formulas do. Not something you want to use at night, but definitely the best I've used for dull, dry middle-aged skin. I use it every morning or for a night out, and then use a cream cleanser at night before bed, usually Clarins, though I'm currently using Shiseido, which I haven't been liking as much as Clarins (although the Clarins formula isn't the same as it used to be, which is why I was switching around out of curiosity).

In a side note: I'm getting such awesome results with MAC's new Mineralize eye cream that I might check out the Lightful cleanser when it comes out - if it's a gel formula, I'm going to stack it up against Rodial and see what happens (it'll be cheaper and easier to find than Rodial, that's for sure). That eye cream is giving me results in just a few weeks that eye creams twice the price haven't managed to do after months of use for me - it's the real deal!
thanks, I was on the fence about the eye cream but I think I will snag it. I am hitting refresh repeatedly for the S3C3 lippies. I am thinking the Lightful cleanser looks awesome too and I am in the market for a new one.

rockin

I'm really hoping that we will get Pro Pans. I want all my blushes to be in palettes, but I'm scared to de-pot them in case I mess them up.

Latest posts