MAC Tres Cheek discussion

lmcmullen

Tommorrow AM I need to swatch the lighter part of the WW Amazon Princess blush I have and compare it to the online pics of Peony Petal. I think it might be pretty close, and I'm trying to save money.

I'm pretty well decided on Love cloud, FOJ, and Immortal Flower, but am badly vacillating on the other 3. Part of me wants to say screw it and buy them all.

It's SO much harder figuring out blushes from online swatches than lipstick or eyeshadow, probably because the underlying skin tone makes such a huge difference. Lippies and e/s are usually less sheer when applied so how they look is not as widely variable. Plus the lighting seems to make much more of a diff for the blush swatches.

DILLIGAF

I went to Pro bright and early this morning right after work. I snagged Modern Mandarin and that's it. Orange, peachy blushes are great on WOC. Unfortunately Immortal Flower didn't stand out enough for me to get that too. I've got other peachy blushes in my collection that I like more.

elegant-one

Indeed I am!
Which is your fave & is MM too orangey
greengrin.gif

elegant-one

I went to the montreal Pro Store and I was the first in the store and they have a lot of each products in stock ! I really like all blush but I bought 4 of them: Immortal Flower , Pink Tea , Pink Cult , Peony Petal , Love Cloud ! I post a Youtube video with swatches on my hand but I speak French :S
I wear Immortal Flower today and it's sooo beautiful !
Sorry for my english, I speak french :)
sigh.gif
I would never apologize for speaking French - I wish I could! What a sexy language.

Glad you liked the blushes.

BadLeslie

Quote: Originally Posted by BadLeslie

Getting closer to deciding. I'm definitely picking up Modern Mandarin and Immortal Flower because all of the coral/peach/orange blushes I own are matte. Still unsure about Full of Joy. I have Sakura too and it's not my favorite, but FoJ looks so pretty with that sheen.
Can any NC20-30s vouch for FoJ?

Immortal Flower is almost matte!
Ooo really? Hmmm now I'm not so sure. I have Peaches, My Highland Honey, Warmth of Coral, and a bunch of non-MAC peachy blushes. Maybe I should take that one off the list. Yeesh, this is so confusing.

Sugar & Spice

You're welcome! I usually use bronzer over my checks but decided I now want some color, so no I don't own anything like LC but I think its beautiful and would be a great start to a "pink" collection.

Purple Popcorn - thank you also
smiles.gif
I was eyeing Love Cloud because it just looks pretty and girly and all that nice stuff. Do you own anything like it? I feel like I only own coral blushes but I know I have some pink in there somewhere lol.

Icecaramellatte

I went from Team 6 to Team 2. I'm getting Modern Mandarin and Lovecloud. Everything else seemed really chalky on me. Full of Joy didn't work but I was surprised that Peony Petal didn't work either. It seemed chalky as well. I had to use one of those cotton pads to apply it though. I wished I could have used a brush but it was hard to try on all those blushes on cheeks. Immortal Flower barely showed up on me. Maybe a brush would have helped but I got tired of taking off the blush with the wet wipe makeup cloth. My face was starting to feel really dry and the excitement was wearing off. Lovecloud wasn't all that unusual but I can't resist these pinky coral colors. I do wonder if the color is similar to one of the new Chanel blushes I want to get. I may end up Team 1 if it is.

PrettyKitty

Here's Immortal Flower:

Left: 2 layers, not blended
Right: 4-5 layers, rubbed it onto my skin, less chalky and darker

That's a very weird blush, if I apply it with a fluffy brush, it just doesn't show up. If I buff it with a kabuki and really 'work' it onto my skin and apply several layers, it kinda react with my skin and show up darker and more like a coral pink, not peachy.

Mac-Guy

Left: 2 layers, not blended
Right: 4-5 layers, rubbed it onto my skin, less chalky and darker

That's a very weird blush, if I apply it with a fluffy brush, it just doesn't show up. If I buff it with a kabuki and really 'work' it onto my skin and apply several layers, it kinda react with my skin and show up darker and more like a coral pink, not peachy.

You got it girl! I have the same experience. IMO, the 162 brush work best for Immortal Flower: it's angled and dense like a mini-kabuki, but small enough to allow precise application. It is an a - m - a - z - i - n - g blush as you get a color that is between a light baby-pink and rosey-coral when you applied with the 162. Absolutely love it! It makes you look fresh, but not overly done!
love.gif

bevcita

^^^^ wow! It looks like two different blushes! I actually kind of want it now. It's going to be a bit of work but I'm convinced it will be worth it :) Thanks for swatching!

PrettyKitty

You are welcome! I think if you have really dry skin you'll want to hydrate it really well, it seems to react with moist/oily skin. I might try to spray my brush with Fix + before swirling it into the blush!

MAC-Guy, I can't find the 162 brush on the website, was it limited edition? I think I have it somewhere.. I will check.

PrettyKitty

Hey, just found this brush in my stash. haha! You are right, I still need to buff buff buff but it works really well for that blush!

Shellcat

Great tip! Thanks! ***runs to see if I have that brush***

You got it girl! I have the same experience. IMO, the 162 brush work best for Immortal Flower: it's angled and dense like a mini-kabuki, but small enough to allow precise application. It is an a - m - a - z - i - n - g blush as you get a color that is between a light baby-pink and rosey-coral when you applied with the 162. Absolutely love it! It makes you look fresh, but not overly done!
love.gif

Mac-Guy

You are welcome! I think if you have really dry skin you'll want to hydrate it really well, it seems to react with moist/oily skin. I might try to spray my brush with Fix + before swirling it into the blush!

MAC-Guy, I can't find the 162 brush on the website, was it limited edition? I think I have it somewhere.. I will check.
The 162 is (was) a Pro brush.

I wouldn't go with a wet brush into any of the TC blushes under no cirucumstances.
th_devil.gif
It will really ruin the blush very very quickly as this Satin formula is very prone to degrading and/or accumulating oily spots. For the same reason, I would also avoid double dipping. Some of the testers I saw were completely ruined (= zero color pay off)