MAC Tres Cheek discussion

peachsuns

Team 3 here! I got Full of Joy, Peony Petal, and Lovecloud today at my counter. They are easy to apply and gorgeous! I cannot wait to wear them!
love.gif

I took a pic with my other blushes. Aren't they pretty? Haha.

Top Row: Briar Rose BP, Sakura MB, and Oh So Fair BP
Bottom Row: Peony Petal, Full of Joy, and Lovecloud

They are not dupes (different finishes, etc), but some of them might be in a similar color family. I'm glad that Tres Cheek blushes are nicely pigmented. LOL

I was surprised that I didn't have anything like Peony Petal in my collection. It's a light lavender pink. It's different from any of my blue based pink blushes. I thought that was interesting.
greengrin.gif

Polaris

I love your photo and collection! How'd you find the colour of FoJ to Sakura? Thanks for sharing!

Team 3 here! I got Full of Joy, Peony Petal, and Lovecloud today at my counter. They are easy to apply and gorgeous! I cannot wait to wear them!
love.gif

I took a pic with my other blushes. Aren't they pretty? Haha.

Top Row: Briar Rose BP, Sakura MB, and Oh So Fair BP
Bottom Row: Peony Petal, Full of Joy, and Lovecloud

They are not dupes (different finishes, etc), but some of them might be in a similar color family. I'm glad that Tres Cheek blushes are nicely pigmented. LOL

I was surprised that I didn't have anything like Peony Petal in my collection. It's a light lavender pink. It's different from any of my blue based pink blushes. I thought that was interesting.
greengrin.gif

elegant-one

Quote: Originally Posted by elegant-one

Hey, I just made it to team 6
girlhaha.gif

I still cannot believe I just bought the last MM

Yeah! Where did you find it?
At my far away Nordstroms. She said I was one lucky lady :) One of my other far away Nordstroms did not even get the collection! Isn't that weird

Icecaramellatte

Quote:
IMO, the best ones are still the sculpt and shape powders. "Sculpt" might be the best shade for you (maybe Bone Beige during the winter). I like to add some "Shadowy" for a more dramatic look in the evening. If you don't want to order from the Pro store, you might want to try Harmony, though it can be a touch too pink on NC skin.

Re highlighter: it really depends what blush you use. I use different highlighters for different blushes. Today I use "Soft Focus" (from the shape powder) mixed with Elude as highlighter, Immortal Flower as a blush, and a mix of Shadester mixed with Bone Beige (from the sculpt powders). To add some warmth, I use Gold-Go-Lightlightly Careblend topped with Flower Fantasy Pearlmatte for sheen. It's a lovely, very natural combination - and perfect for this sunny day on the East Coast.
I keep meaning to check out the sculpt and shape powders at the Pro store but I'm always distracted by the new collections.

aradhana

You might fill your second palette with the HS blushes/highlighters.
flower.gif

Is anybody on Team 8?
are there that many blushes and highlighters in HS? I hadn't realized!
I bought two empty palettes, but I'm starting to fee a bit anxious about the depotting...

does team 8 count if your pink cult is from the last release? if so then yes!

OhSoJaded

Just picked up MM at my local counter and I can't believe that I was so turned off/scared of MM. It is absolutely gorgeous, and very well may be my favorite blush from this collection (subject to change, as I'm sure every one I will try will be my "FAVORITE" of the moment haha).

rosieposie75

I do get the sample bags but never without the products I order.hhm. I guess i will wait and see. I hope they are good sample though if they are willing to sent it for free.

I have gotten it a couple times on its own and most of the time the samples are normally just fragrances or one time use beauty samples like a primer or something, nothing too exciting. Maybe this time they might do it differently though, I hope so at least! I get so excited seeing the Nordstrom box on my doorstep and then always get disappointed when its only the free samples and not my makeup!

Knope2012

My MM will now be here Monday instead of tomorrow. I love holiday weekends, but my stuff always ends up being 1-3 days later than it would've been.

PixieDancer

I've noticed them on Creamblend Blushes but not dry ones... I'll have to inspect mine! Let us know if it affects the application. Hope it's not a defect.

anyone notice those weird grease looking spots on my MM? I havent even used the blush, or swatched it.. hope its not oil :(

LeeleeBell

I only bought LoveCloud because it was most unique in my collection

LoveCloud is a bubblegum pink in some lighting; in other lighting you can clearly see it's corally undertone...It's a gorgeous finish/texture, and has beautifully smooth pigmentation.

With flash shows it's "bubblegum pink" leaning and no flash shows it's corally pink

Same blush, different lighting

no flash

flash

Swatched

Flash

Comparison

L-R Illamasqua Unrequited, Illamasqua Tremble, MAC Love Cloud

valkolak

Really? I don't speak Finnish ( I wish I could). I had no idea!
girlhaha.gif
I think "valkolak" is a variant of a Russian word for vampire/werewolf. I collect novels and folklore about vampires.

valkolak

It bothers me a little bit that if I end up wanting to backup one of these blushes I probably won't be able to find another one anywhere. Overnight shipping is starting to sound worthwhile. I'm just going to tell myself that if I can't find a backup it will just mean that CCO trips are more exciting
th_DANCE.gif