MAC Up the Amp shade?

Pinkaura

MAC Up The Amp l/s - has the shade/formula changed? Mine's a dark berry colour! Most of the photos show a lilac-like shade, whereas mine is dark berry, along with photos by two people on MUA.
th_dunno.gif

panda0410

Not that I'm aware.... where did you get it? In a swap/ebay/MAC? Not all the pics on MUA (or anywhere really for that matter) are reliable, you have to consider lighting, flash and image quality.

TISH1124

^^ I agree it looks darker in the tube but on the lips it is very lavender/plumish ...swatches will look different depending on the skin tone or camera lighting as well...No swatch ever looks the same on me as it does online....I could only wish they did...although this color sucks on me I think anyway

Sophisto

^^^I'm NC45 and I recently picked up Up the Amp. It works for me so far, I saw atleast go to a counter and try it out

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
^^Tish, it does?? I was soooooo wanting to get one
ssad.gif

I guess i shouldnt since we're abt the same skintone

Do not rule it out because of my personal dislike...Everyone likes different colors..I just do not find it flatters my skintone (I have a lot of yellow tone to my skin) eyes etc...But I have seen many NC45 woman with darker eyes and warmer complexion than mine, etc that it looks great on...It's just not a personal choice of mine....

Not just this shade but always try any shade don't go by what others like or dislike...One NC45 is totally different from the next...as a matter of fact I don't see how some NC45's are NC45's to be honest