MAC - Well Defined (Studio Sculpt) Discussion

MelodyKat

I was being nosey and trying to find more info on Dazzle lash when i came across a bit of info on this site:

Neo-grunge and D-cup cappuccino - The Denver Post

"MAC, which provided the makeup and artists for dozens of shows, uses the collections as a laboratory. "We test-drive products here and in the European shows," said Nick Gavrelis, executive director of global product development, before Taylor's show.

He pulled out a little zip- top bag and shared some of the items getting a test run this season. Among them: a gel foundation called Studio Sculpt that can be layered depending on how much cover is needed: and Dazzle Lash mascara that has a brush with extending coils to completely coat each eyelash. It will be available in October."

Sounds pretty interesting......I am genuinely intrigued.....

Thoughts anyone????

..kels*

Re: Studio Sculpt Foundation???

hmm.. a gel foundation? should be.. interesting.
blinks.gif
thanks for sharing!
thmbup.gif

erine1881

yep, dazzlelash is confirmed to be coming out on oct. 2nd. sounds like studio sculpt is one of the several new pro products rumored to be coming out soon.
th_dunno.gif

MAC_Whore

It sounds like Studio Sculpt is the reason why they killed full coverage.

ETA: Never mind. Full Coverage will still be available, but as a pro item.

bartp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
It sounds like Studio Sculpt is the reason why they killed full coverage.

really... killing off Full Coverage... who would have thought that.
Full Coverage is definitely my least favorite foundation. I hate the way the colour oxidizes.
Are there any signs that Full Coverage is getting the TOD?

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartp
really... killing off Full Coverage... who would have thought that.
Full Coverage is definitely my least favorite foundation. I hate the way the colour oxidizes.
Are there any signs that Full Coverage is getting the TOD?

EDIT: Full Coverage and Hyper Real will now be available in all shades as MAC Pro items.

MelodyKat

oooooooh...i haven't heard about full coverage yet...that's kinda crazy....i use it for photoshoots all the time.
ssad.gif

I can't wait too see who i can squeeze out info from.....
girl_devil.gif

MAC_Whore

/\In its place, Studio Stick is really nice it you warm it a bit. Not to sound too "Trainspotting" or anything, but if you put a bit of Studio Stick in a spoon, then warm it with a lighter, it goes on really nicely.

MacNeill59

I HAAAAAATE full coverage, maybe its because it makes my skin look scaley and repulsive, but I hate it. No matter how I moisturize my skin, or whatever, i look like i have never moisturized in my life when I wear it.

Hopefully this gel foundation will get you a full beat without looking dry or cakey. Thats why I love Fix Fluid! You can get whatever finish you want, and it makes your skin look supple

MelodyKat

i heard that they are also bringing a new tinted moisturizer as well..i guess they tested it out in asia and it sold really well. it's also in a squeeze tube package...we shall see what 2009 brings....

MAC_Whore

It's probably the Studio Moisture Tint you are hearing about. MAC was working on it awhile ago, but hadn't released it. Let's cross our fingers.

seymone25

I am getting excited by the moment... I hate the way it oxides as well.. MAC artist is it safe to assume that u should go lighter than ur skin tones since it oxides to a darker tone. This has been my experience with it.

MisaMayah

MAC - Studio Sculpt Foundation Discussion

In the Times Magazine 04 October 2008 I read an article about MAC backstage runway make-up.

Nick Gavrelis (vice president of global product development for MAC cosmetics) has been developing this new foundation for more than two years.
It has a matching concealer and is scheduled for release in February 2009.

He descirbes it as a modern cream gel formulation, highly malleable and very natural looking. It can be layered for extra coverage but wibt build unsightly texture. It is sweat and water-resistant as well as being SPF15. Especially suited to dry skins (yay!!!!) as it is packed with replenishing ingredients.

Anyone else have more info on this?
This is definitely one to watch out for!

jenavii

This monday i actually got to try some of the studio sculpt foundation. Well I didnt try it myself, but a MAC Sr. Artist (Christopher D) put it on me and its very nice. Doesnt seem "gelly" to me. He described it as more thick and creamy, and i agree. It felt GREAT. I have pretty dry skin and said thats probably why it felt so good on me.

*JJ*

is there an official release date for this foundation?

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenavii
This monday i actually got to try some of the studio sculpt foundation. Well I didnt try it myself, but a MAC Sr. Artist (Christopher D) put it on me and its very nice. Doesnt seem "gelly" to me. He described it as more thick and creamy, and i agree. It felt GREAT. I have pretty dry skin and said thats probably why it felt so good on me.

How was the coverage?

GlamYOURUs

Re: MAC - Studio Sculpt Foundation Discussion

Ooooo this excites me! I love my studio stick foundation but I want something more softer and silkier. I hope this is it!