MAC - Wonder Woman Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
smiles.gif
usually after the official press release, I get an email with official confirmation information. I got it yesterday p.m. -- I will be able to glean (not know for certain, or what revisions if any are made) what parts of the collection I will be testing. Whatever I have I will post here
smiles.gif

Quote:
of course, liba -- do post the link to the photobucket album and hopefully next week I will be able to post up some new pics
yes.gif
and yes I agree that the colors for this collection will be based on a lot of the WW costume but with a big bad "Girl Power" influence
winks.gif

This collection is SO exciting! Thank you so much, HerGreyness! My life would have way less MAC in it w/o you!
heart.gif
th_kiss.gif

spunky

i remember HerGreyness saying that two of the shadows she tested were satins and had the WN 'Bright Sunshine' and 'Blue Calm' and something about blushes/lipsticks but i can't remember anything other than that. seeing as i'm feeling sick today and not doing anything else, i'm quite happy to trawl through the old posts in the upcoming collections thread to see what else HerGreyness has told us about this collection.

so exciting! wonder what the packaging will look like? i can see red or blue eyeshadow pots with the WW wings logo on the window
yes.gif

LittleMaryJane

I'm sure it's been asked & answered but do you work for MAC, Hergreyness or is there some other reason you get to see the goodies firsthand?

ARmakeupjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
I bet there will be some crazy red lipsticks too!

And that makes me very happy, as a red lipstick whore!!
tong.gif
I'm too excited about this collection!! How will I ever make it until February!

Camnagem

I still think it would be beyond cool to have clear plastic packaging like her invisible jet!

So excited for WW!
th_happy1.gif
th_happy1.gif
th_happy1.gif

spunky

Quote:
I received some new lipsticks just before I left home yesterday -- they are marked WW 2011 -- there is a dark red (kind of like a russian red/viva glam I mix), a purple grape, and a bright cherry red. They are luscious but again, I know nothing about them. When I get back home I will swatch and see if anyone can come up with comps.

tired again.. back to nappy time
smiles.gif

((( HUgs to all)))

Quote:
yahoo.gif
pompom.gif
th_WeAreDoomed.png
party.gif
oh, I just also uploaded some pics of the Wonder Woman Blushes -- there are 4 so far -- two are revisions ("Torrid") and the 2 ES -- the Bright Sunshine and the Blue Calm. Both are satins, but I received an email that I will be getting the Bright Sunshine in a frost also..(which means it is a repromote!).

here we go! a little bit of super preliminary info
smiles.gif
thanks HerGreyness!

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
bright sunshine... is that not a pro colour... hhhmmmmm

that's what i thought, but apparently it's just the working name/inspiration and it'll get a new name closer to when it's released. same with blue calm
tong.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
that's what i thought, but apparently it's just the working name/inspiration and it'll get a new name closer to when it's released. same with blue calm
tong.gif

aha! thanks!
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
i remember HerGreyness saying that two of the shadows she tested were satins and had the WN 'Bright Sunshine' and 'Blue Calm' and something about blushes/lipsticks but i can't remember anything other than that. seeing as i'm feeling sick today and not doing anything else, i'm quite happy to trawl through the old posts in the upcoming collections thread to see what else HerGreyness has told us about this collection.

so exciting! wonder what the packaging will look like? i can see red or blue eyeshadow pots with the WW wings logo on the window
yes.gif

Spunky, you're the best for finding that stuff!
heart.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
I still think it would be beyond cool to have clear plastic packaging like her invisible jet!

So excited for WW!
th_happy1.gif
th_happy1.gif
th_happy1.gif

I'd be happy with either packaging!
yes.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Spunky, you're the best for finding that stuff!
heart.gif

hehe thanks
smiles.gif

seeing as this has a spring release date, i hope it's a biggie like HK/SCF
yes.gif

User38

Quote:

yes.gif

yep, blue calm and bright sunshine, plus some coral, red, and pink blushes -- I think I posted them on photobucket. Also some red and purple grape lippies
smiles.gif

I will be back at work on Monday and then I can review what I had posted, and anything else that I might have for this collection.
yes.gif

LMD84

Quote:
hehe thanks
smiles.gif

seeing as this has a spring release date, i hope it's a biggie like HK/SCF
yes.gif

i am guessing it is the 'biggie' collection for the year
smiles.gif

Spikesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visi
Oooooh I'm so excited about a Wonder Woman Collection
heart.gif
I used to have a Wonder Woman lunch box when I was little
greengrin.gif

I love love love the blush on the right hand side in HerGreyness's Fotos *hearts coming out of my eyes*

I still have a Wonder Woman lunchbox! I bring it to the office LOL!
tong.gif

User38

usually the spring and fall collections are the biggies -- I think this one will be really special because of the anniversary of WW -- she turns 60!
smiles.gif
and is still a raging Amazon
greengrin.gif

Wonder Woman is a DC Comics superheroine created by William Moulton Marston. She first appeared in All Star Comics #8 (December 1941). The Wonder Woman title has been published by DC Comics almost continuously since the company's 1944 inception, except for a brief hiatus in 1986.[1]
Wonder Woman is an Amazon (based on the Amazons of Greek mythology) and was created by Marston, an American, as a "distinctly feminist role model whose mission was to bring the Amazon ideals of love, peace, and sexual equality to a world torn by the hatred of men."[

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
bright sunshine... is that not a pro colour... hhhmmmmm

Bright sunshine is a pro color in frost.. but I have a satin tester -- which does not mean it will be satin or it will be a repromote
smiles.gif
don't know yet:
yes.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
I'm sure it's been asked & answered but do you work for MAC, Hergreyness or is there some other reason you get to see the goodies firsthand?

Darlin Little MaryJane.. no, I do not work for MAC. I am a consultant for many different companies and that is why I get access to different products to test, long long before they are scheduled to hit the market.. sometimes some are a Go and other times they get canned based on feasibility studies.

But, no.. I am self employed
smiles.gif

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
Darlin Little MaryJane.. no, I do not work for MAC. I am a consultant for many different companies and that is why I get access to different products to test, long long before they are scheduled to hit the market.. sometimes some are a Go and other times they get canned based on feasibility studies.

But, no.. I am self employed
smiles.gif

Ah, okay. Sounds like a cool job
sigh.gif

ARmakeupjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem

So excited for WW!
th_happy1.gif
th_happy1.gif
th_happy1.gif

That would be cool but, I think I would like red packaging just as much!
tong.gif
Has MAC ever had a collection with red packaging?