MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

NaomiH

Hey, NaomiH!

(I'm not liking the look of this after all... )

Howdy AWS! How are you? I'm hoping my observation is wrong and that it is a satin since it seems too shiny to be matte. Though I did like VGRR1 and that was a frost, but I'd be sad if this was one.

montREALady

Howdy AWS! How are you? I'm hoping my observation is wrong and that it is a satin since it seems too shiny to be matte. Though I did like VGRR1 and that was a frost, but I'd be sad if this was one.

I certainly don't need another VGRR1, I never liked it but bought it because it was RiRi :rolleyes: Red + frost = :plthumbsdown:

awickedshape

I'm ok!
Hope you're well!
I hope we'll see soon but I'm almost certainly skipping

NaomiH

I certainly don't need another VGRR1, I never liked it but bought it because it was RiRi :rolleyes: Red + frost = :plthumbsdown:
I'll be crushed if it is. I'm really hoping for a satin. I might be and probably am way off in thinking of a frost, but it just had that type of sheen to me when looking at the bullet. I wore VGRR1 a few times and enjoyed it with the gloss,but can't say that I still own it.

Myth

Selena wore those 90's mattes, hoping Como La Flor is at least a Satin! I was watching her interview with Cristina and she was wearing one of those great 90's brown uber mattes!

Kaidan

Anything for Salinas!!!

I'm so excited for this to happen, so I'm definitely buying Como la flor and better start saving for more stuff.

NaomiH

Selena wore those 90's mattes, hoping Como La Flor is at least a Satin! I was watching her interview with Cristina and she was wearing one of those great 90's brown uber mattes!

I hope it's satin too in the very least. I have noticed she seemed to be more matte inclined so here is to hoping it's one of those two finishes and that I'm just crazy. Lol

rockin

Am I the only one that loves the cremesheens and the lustres? Mattes and some Satins are super drying on me and I avoid them now.

I hope they make a lot of quantities in this collection. I also think the demand will be huge, and I would hate it if it sold out in minutes with all the hype they have been building.

I'm not a big fan of Matte lipsticks, as they are so drying, and I definitely prefer Satin, Lustre, Cremesheen or Amplified. Huggables have a tendency to 'bleed' on me.

Selena isn't very well known here in the UK, at least I'd never heard of her and hadn't heard anyone talk about her, so I doubt it will sell out so fast here. The purple bullet might be a selling point, though.

OctoberViolet

I have many lippies in the cremesheen and lustre finishes. I prefer cremesheens over the lustres to be honest. Lustres always tend to dry out my lips. My favorite finishes are Amplified, Amplified Cremes, Satin, Mattes, Retro mattes, Cremesheens and then lustres. I think those are all the finishes, right?

Am I the only one that loves the cremesheens and the lustres? Mattes and some Satins are super drying on me and I avoid them now.

I hope they make a lot of quantities in this collection. I also think the demand will be huge, and I would hate it if it sold out in minutes with all the hype they have been building.

Last edited:

montREALady

I'm not a big fan of Matte lipsticks, as they are so drying, and I definitely prefer Satin, Lustre, Cremesheen or Amplified. Huggables have a tendency to 'bleed' on me.

Selena isn't very well known here in the UK, at least I'd never heard of her and hadn't heard anyone talk about her, so I doubt it will sell out so fast here. The purple bullet might be a selling point, though.

I have many lippies in the cremesheen and lustre finishes. I prefer cremesheens over the lustres to be honest. Lustres always tend to dry out my lips. My favorite finishes are Amplified, Amplified Cremes, Satin, Mattes, Retro mattes, Cremesheens and then lustres. I think those are all the finishes, right?

I'm discovering that I reaaalllly love MAC Mattes over the new liquid lipsticks. I always loved MAC Mattes, but I reaaallllly appreciate them now, lol. They are more forgiving. I like Satins next but in the last year I discovered that I like Cremesheens in neutral colors. I have about 3 now. Love the formula and the feel of them (Huggables too). I probably have more lustres because of Cinderella, BBW and MIB and I don't like them. They pick up every patch of dry on your lips and look like you have butter on them. Sort of a semi-shiny, grainy translucence with a hint of color. Caca. Hahaha, I know, I'm dramatic. But I also have no interest in sheer shades until the Summer so I may give them another whirl. I like opaque typically so yes, Amplifieds work too. I have one RM, FoF...and I think Riri Woo is RM too. I prefer Mattes and Satins over that finish I think.

lipstickaddict

I'm discovering that I reaaalllly love MAC Mattes over the new liquid lipsticks. I always loved MAC Mattes, but I reaaallllly appreciate them now, lol. They are more forgiving. I like Satins next but in the last year I discovered that I like Cremesheens in neutral colors. I have about 3 now. Love the formula and the feel of them (Huggables too). I probably have more lustres because of Cinderella, BBW and MIB and I don't like them. They pick up every patch of dry on your lips and look like you have butter on them. Sort of a semi-shiny, grainy translucence with a hint of color. Caca. Hahaha, I know, I'm dramatic. But I also have no interest in sheer shades until the Summer so I may give them another whirl. I like opaque typically so yes, Amplifieds work too. I have one RM, FoF...and I think Riri Woo is RM too. I prefer Mattes and Satins over that finish I think.

Mattes all the way baby! Totally agree with all of the above! :yes::five:

Myth

Maybe Como La Flor is in that Matte Frost finish from Heirloom Mix--MAC needs to bring that finish back!

I do hope MAC goes all out 90's and gives us some matte and retro matte lipsticks in this collection

NaomiH

Maybe Como La Flor is in that Matte Frost finish from Heirloom Mix--MAC needs to bring that finish back!

I do hope MAC goes all out 90's and gives us some matte and retro matte lipsticks in this collection

Oh I hope you're right on that and agree that finish needs to make a come back.

Mizani

When yall mention Matte and Frost I think of Rocker lipstick.