MAC's mineralize line is now permanent!!!

GlamQueen21

I just got an e-mail from MAC that the Mineralized line is no longer limited edition!! I'm so getting like two backups of So Ceylon since I love that color so much!

TISH1124

^^ I got that email to but I didn't think it was all the MSF's .....Just the selected ones on the website...However I may be wrong...

Why get 2 b/u if it's permanent?

So Ceylon, Gold Deposit, Petticoat and Soft & Gentle....Wish they would bring back some of the older favorites.....Like Warmed, Shimpagne, Lighscapade, Stereo Rose etc....

MissResha

thats good news, and i agree with u too tish. i need warmed and gold deposit and i think i'll be good. but now that gd is on the site, i cna just buy that anytime. warmed ima have to track down.

NubianHoneii

Its funny that mac is just sending out this email, most of the counters that i go to have had mineralize displays up since the holiday. Hell, the mac website even made a section just for minerlize products .. it just is kinda weird that they are like just now saying "hey, you know these are perm now right?"

I don't remember where I heard it (could have been specktra or another website) but I think I heard someplace that they were going to rotate the products every so often. Who knows, by spring we could have two more of the older MSF back ... that is if I remember correctly.

stronqerx

^^ yeah i heard something like that too. I hope they do that, and now with all these new collections coming out that include their own LE MSFs....sheesh i think mac realized MSFs basically make the collection, well atleast to me they do lol.

X4biddenxLustX

I got the email too this morning. I really wasn't surprised, I had heard I think I'm pretty sure on here that a lot of the Mineralize products were going to be perm.

I really want them to bring back Lightscapade!!! It came out before I got into MAC and whenever I see pics of it online, I just want it so bad!

ladyJ

I got the e-mail also. From what I saw when I clicked on the link they gave me in the e-mail, the only perm. ones were soft and gentle and gold deposit. I can be completely wrong. I'm only saying this because I just wanted to make sure that petticoat and so ceylon won't go away.

hippie_ippie

I didn't see much difference - there's only gold deposit and soft and gentle on that page? but if you click on another page petticoat and so ceylon are still there.
if they bring back the msf from the previous collections that will be fantastic
greengrin.gif

TISH1124

If you click MSF it shows So Ceylon, Petticoat, Gold Deposit and S&D ...at least on my screen it does

MAC_Whore

Yeah, this Mineralize selection became perm back in Oct, so I am guessing this is just a repromote email to drum up biz.

The plan was for them to rotate out colour products (blush, MSFs, ES) every six months.

TamEva Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Yeah, this Mineralize selection became perm back in Oct, so I am guessing this is just a repromote email to drum up biz.

The plan was for them to rotate out colour products (blush, MSFs, ES) every six months.

I'm pretty sure Petticoat and So Ceylon weren't on that list for, eventual, perm status in the original Oct release .
th_dunno.gif

Does that mean all Mineralize products run the risk of disappearing or subject to rotation after six months, wouldn't that fly in the face of the whole "perm status" concept they're now touting?
th_dunno.gif

Will nothing be considered a "Staple" item - not subject to rotation...

...or are they, possibly, redefining the whole idea of what perm means and giving the Mineralize line a new "6 month" timeframe state of permanence just like any other regular perm product may be subject to discontinued status at their discretion?

These - and many more burning questions must be answered.
th_confused_new.gif

Rotating - to me does not a permanent product make - it's simply limited edition all over again!

I imagine that any of their "natural" effect products that are devoid of any trendy colors may not be rotated out, and I would, certainly, hope they wouldn't toy with the notion of rotating things like Mineralize Natural Skinfinish Powder, SatinFinish Foundations, and Loose Powders.

Some things must remain as solid, for sure, and dependable "staple" items...or else!!!
angry.gif

Especially, when it comes to foundations and their complimentary finishing powders!

That would be...not cool!
ssad.gif

MAC_Whore

Tam Eva's on the case! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamEva Le Fay
I'm pretty sure Petticoat and So Ceylon weren't on that list for, eventual, perm status in the original Oct release .
th_dunno.gif

I think what's going on is that we are confusing the Mineralize collection with the Mineralize category in product types.

Petticoat came out with the Sheer Minerals collection, but being that it is a "mineral" product, they list it under the Mineralize category. If you will notice, some of the Sonic Chic MES's are there as well. To my knowledge, Petticoat and So Ceylon are still LE.

You will also notice that if you click on the promo pic of the Mineralize collection, it only lists 6 blushes, 2 MSFs and 6 MES, but when you click on the Mineralize category, there are 7 blushes, 4 MSFs and 9 MES.

It is just hard to tell what is going on now, as they have removed the LE triangles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamEva Le Fay
...Does that mean all Mineralize products run the risk of disappearing or subject to rotation after six months, wouldn't that fly in the face of the whole "perm status" concept they're now touting?
th_dunno.gif

Will nothing be considered a "Staple" item - not subject to rotation...

...or are they, possibly, redefining the whole idea of what perm means and giving the Mineralize line a new "6 month" timeframe state of permanence just like any other regular perm product may be subject to discontinued status at their discretion?....

Most of the items in the Mineralize Collection are already perm, i.e. MSF Naturals, Mineralize Satinfinish, Mineralize SPF15 Foundation Loose, so those won't change in thier LE/Perm status.

The colour products, i.e. blush, MSFs, and MES are permanent to the Mineralize Collection. What is supposed to change is that every 6 months they are to replace the colours. So if that plans still holds, six months after the launch they will introduce new colours of the MSFs, blushes, and MES.

This was their original plan. Perhaps it has changed, but to me this recent "Permanent Mineralize Email" just seems like a bit of repromote marketing. I am guessing it is prompted by the cosmetics industry being down as a whole and mineral products being the craze of the moment. I am guessing they are just trying to capitalize on that. I could be wrong. We shall see....
smiles.gif

TamEva Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I think what's going on is that we are confusing the Mineralize collection with the Mineralize category in product types.

To my knowledge, Petticoat and So Ceylon are still LE.

Most of the items in the Mineralize Collection are already perm, i.e. MSF Naturals, Mineralize Satinfinish, Mineralize SPF15 Foundation Loose, so those won't change in thier LE/Perm status.

I am guessing it is prompted by the cosmetics industry being down as a whole and mineral products being the craze of the moment.

M_W...thank you for expounding on this topic, as it certainly has become a subject very near and dear to our hearts!

I have learned that these MSF products are most definitely the stuff that dreams are made of!
drools.gif

I can only pray to any God that will listen that they, indeed, do something clever like repromote the much adored MSF's of the not-so-distant past. Glory be!

On an observed note; regarding economic downturns reflected in the cosmetic retail markets. It's a fact that during these times of financial woe people, actually, buy more Art 'n' Craft items to make things with i.e., beading, sewing, scrapbooking, needlepoint, rubberstamping, etc., etc. Sales go up at places like JoAnn's Fabrics, Michaels', Beverly's and other places

Spenditure wise I see similarities in these two markets as one can spend just as much on Crafting as they can on Cosmetics. We've read it time and time again how we'd all spend our last $20 on a tube of lipstick 'cause it makes our world go round!

Is there really a slump in the cosmetics industry?
th_dunno.gif

M_W what are your thoughts on Physicians Formula's baked minerlized bronzers like the "Virtual Face Powders" - Multi reflective face powder/highlighter?

Are you familiar with these? They're nothing to scoff at for sure. They do not have the intense glitter/shimmer effects like the MSF's, but they do have a subtle reflective quality to them that does the job.

I have #3527 of the PF Virtual Face Powders and it's so natural looking...it's scary!
thmbup.gif