Mac's Most Underated Cosmetics

Senoj

I hope I haven't repeated another thread but what are some of your most used underated Mac products? These can be products that don't get a lot of hype or not that popular but work wonders. My list:

Mac Cleanse Off Oil, it's an oil of course, that is used for cleansing the face and removing makeup but I use it to clean my brushes. I dab a bit of oil on a paper towel and it removes ALL of the color off the brushes even the white haired brushes like the 187 and 224 and 239. After I use the oil I follow up with a brush cleanser. The cleanse off oil works great for stubborn eye makeup esp eye liner.

Mac Skinshimmer and Glimmershimmer: They usually come out in the Spring/Summer, it usually comes in a tube or bottle but it's a liquid bronzer. I love it! It gives a beautiful glow. I used it on a bride for a wedding. I applied on her arms and above her chest and came out beautifully in her wedding pics.

I would love to know everyone else's underated Mac cosmetics, so I can add to my wishlisht!
yes.gif

bartp

on my list I would put the Creme colour bases. As long as they are applied lightly and set with powder , they work wonders.

primers and lipmix are also othen overlooked and give you so much creative freedom

Senoj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartp
on my list I would put the Creme colour bases. As long as they are applied lightly and set with powder , they work wonders.

primers and lipmix are also othen overlooked and give you so much creative freedom

I've heard a lot of rave about the creme colour base. Do you use them as a blush or another use?

LMD84

i think mac glitters are a little underated. i mean you can do so much with them! make glitter liners (which is more cost effective than buying one of macs glitter liner), add the to lipstick, lipgloss, nail polish, eye shadow, in your hair! they are fabulous and they come in every colour of the rainbow!
smiles.gif

spectrolite

I love Prep n Prime lip for freshening my lipstick without having to necessarily reapply it. It's nice and moisturizing and glides on so easily.

Other rarely mentioned loves:

- Iridescent powders - for a gorgeous glow
- Loose Beauty Powders - just a dusting of these adds instant magic!

Senoj

Thanks for the replies. I'm learning more about the products that I didnt know. My thread has been moved and I dont know why but anyway I'm enjoying this thread.

FiestyFemme

Mine's a specific product & shade, but I'd say Soft Brown e/s. I only got it a few months ago, but now I wonder how I lived without it. I use it literally everyday, no matter what other colors I use.

anita22

- Clear lip conditioner in a tube: this is really hydrating and I can't leave the house without it

- Brow wax pencil - love this for travelling since it's slim and not a liquid, so easier than taking brow gel

Ellen1

I will second the Lip Conditioner in the tube that was mentioned above.

I know I am probably the only one but I really love the loose mineral makeup. I even like the sponge applicator! It is quick, easy, no mess and it looks so perfectly natural on my skin. It has less mica and therefor less shine than Bare Escentuals and some other mineral brands. I am on my second jar and I love it!

Karen_B

^^ I like the loose mineral foundation too! But not the sponge applicator...

I also find that Mystery eyeshadow is underrated, noone ever talks about it. But it's a perect cool, slightly plummy dark brown which looks amazing in the crease and works with almost any colours.