MAC's New Skincare Line

n_c

Hey everyone,
I was on MAC's website today and I saw that the new skincare line is up. So what's the 411 on this line?
I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on it since Im looking into getting some new products for my face. TIA!

eponine

the cremewash is freaking amazing, i've been using it for about a week and i think i'm in love! i have really dry skin, and cleansers tend to either overdry my skin or not remove my makeup... cremewash gets everything off my face and still leaves it feeling soft!
also, i know the fix+ hasn't really changed, but i really like how the new sprayer works and how pretty the bottle looks sitting on my shelf.

queenofdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eponine
the cremewash is freaking amazing, i've been using it for about a week and i think i'm in love! i have really dry skin, and cleansers tend to either overdry my skin or not remove my makeup... cremewash gets everything off my face and still leaves it feeling soft!
also, i know the fix+ hasn't really changed, but i really like how the new sprayer works and how pretty the bottle looks sitting on my shelf.

good to hear... i just got the clinique 3 step from sephora and i think im going to return it and get the cremewash instead!

MACgirl

the skincare looks so much better, it looks so MAC. The new fix+ bottle is AWESOME... you get a fine mist and not a messy spray! YAY!. I have yet to try the cremewash but i hear good stuff from my coworkers. The gently off eye and lip remover is freakin fantastic! and those little swabs are heaven, they get every little speck and smudge off!!

n_c

Quote:

Sounds perfect for my skin type...I will probably end up getting the cremewash...thanks.

giz2000

Quote:

Totally agree on the Cremewash..plus it smells really good and is terrific for cleaning brushes (I used it last night at work and EVERYTHING came off the brushes...and left them smelling yummy!)

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
Totally agree on the Cremewash..plus it smells really good and is terrific for cleaning brushes (I used it last night at work and EVERYTHING came off the brushes...and left them smelling yummy!)

I'm totally going to have to try this! We've had a brush cleanser shortage at my counter lately so we aren't allowed to tester out more than one a day (and moderation isn't in some of the girls I work with's vocabulary).

How did you do it? Mix it w/ water in a beaker, or rinse them in a sink or whatever?

I can't wait to get my gratis on this! Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the lip conditioner has a little more opalescent pigment in it?...or is this something that has always been the case & I'm a moron & just noticed?

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
.....(and moderation isn't in some of the girls I work with's vocabulary).....

Haa haaa. I can totally relate to this. It drives me mad to see people waste so much product! They are usually the ones who don't care about their brushes and jam them in a paper towel and cleaner like they are stabbing someone. You can almost hear the fibres screaming in pain!!
lol.gif

Anyway...back on topic. Has anyone who was a user of Cleanse Off Oil tried the Cremewash? If so, how do you compare the two?

Also, since I hear the new Fix + bottles are a more controlled, finer mist; does anyone know if they fixed that dodgy pump that Cleanse Off Oil used to have?

TIA
smiles.gif

ms.marymac

Quote:
I'm totally going to have to try this! We've had a brush cleanser shortage at my counter lately so we aren't allowed to tester out more than one a day (and moderation isn't in some of the girls I work with's vocabulary).

How did you do it? Mix it w/ water in a beaker, or rinse them in a sink or whatever?

I can't wait to get my gratis on this! Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the lip conditioner has a little more opalescent pigment in it?...or is this something that has always been the case & I'm a moron & just noticed?

I think the lip conditioner does have more pigment...the tinted ones at least. I was surprized at the amout of color I saw when I put it on a few people's lips.

If you have sensitive skin, get a sample of Cremewash first!! I'm just sayin'.

giz2000

Quote:

I put it in the beaker with water, swish the brushes around, and then use some in the palm of my hand to clean the foundation, concealer and lip brushes...then give them a good rinsing...try it!

giz2000

Quote:
Fix + is "Micromisted" now...hehehe

& no, the Cleanse-off Oil still shoots out like crazy :-/

Yep...I can attest to the cleanse-off oil...I have the stains on my pants to prove it...
lmao.gif

pinkfeet

Yep I do like the cremewash - and the scent is nice and not overpowering like others can be ( Lancome anyone? or Dior?).

Though its kinda small - only 3.4 oz which is small in comparision to the price.

mac_aiken

Add me to the list of those who love the new Cremewash. I usually use the green gel but found it a bit drying for even my combo skin during the winter months. I have only been using it for a few days and my skin feels wonderful.