MAC's SKINCARE

macchristyy

have you tried any products from MAC's skincare line? and how well has it worked for you?

i am currently using GREEN GEL CLEANSER for about a month now. i must say.. it worked like magic the first 2 weeks eliminating these stubborn little mini pimples on my forehead that i have had for awhile which would never go away. Now.. i dont see anymore dramatic changes. it kinda stopped working but its keeping my my pimples that i get every now and then small and not so humongo!

im really interested in microfine refinisher.. but for 26$, i need some feedback before i clean out my wallet!

btw.. sorry if this has been posted by someone already!
blush-anim-cl.gif

lara

No problem! Those links are a good starting point, but there have been new skincare products released recently and I'm sure the girls here can give you some extra info about them.
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

I have recently (for the last 4 days) started using the Moisturelush Moisturizer. I was very hesitant to try it because EVERY moisturizer I have tried has broken me out so badly, literally overnight. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this continues to work for me. I love that it is a moisturizer and primer in one. It is a heavy cream, but does not feel heavy on. I put it on in the morning on a clean dry face, before my foundation. Since I started using it, my makeup has been lasting longer, and believe it or not, it's keeping my oil under control. My nose, which gets very oily by the afternoon is not so bad anymore. I still could use a blot here and there, but it is nowhere near as obvious as it was before. It might seem a little pricey at $32 USD, but it will last a long time. A little goes a long way. I'd say I use about a quarter sized amount daily.
smiles.gif
I have no experience with the microfine refinisher, but I am very pleased (so far) with the Moisturelush
smiles.gif

Oh, and I am liking the new Strobe Liquid. I use it as a cheek highlight, brow highlight or mix a tiny bit with my foundation. I like it much better than the strobe cream. It is no where near as heavy, and the shimmer is more obvious on me.

purrtykitty

I've been using the Microfine Refinisher and I think it's great. A little goes a long way and you don't need (and really shouldn't) use it more than twice a week. If you at all have access to a CCO, then you might check there for the Refinisher. That's where I got mine and I believe it was $22 - not a huge savings, but every little bit helps!

noahlowryfan

i really love their Microfine Refinisher. I have a big acne scar right on my forehead and using this for a few weeks, it disappear. i would definitely buy this again but would find a drugstore version that works the same.

gigglegirl

i love the microfine refinisher, it helps get rid of the dry flakiness i had on my face. and like stated above, only use a couple times a week. i use a bit the size of a pea and it goes a long way. I definitely recommend it!
smiles.gif

Thanks for the review on the gel cleanser, i've been looking into stuff like this but haven't bought it as the LE collections suck me dry. LOL

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
i love the microfine refinisher, it helps get rid of the dry flakiness i had on my face. and like stated above, only use a couple times a week. i use a bit the size of a pea and it goes a long way. I definitely recommend it!
smiles.gif

Thanks for the review on the gel cleanser, i've been looking into stuff like this but haven't bought it as the LE collections suck me dry. LOL

thanks for telling me that. i have been using it the size of a quarter.

gigglegirl

did you find a quarter to be too much? too rough? I usually do it quickly in the shower, was I find it better used wet. Though XSparkage mentioned in one of her videos she uses it dry which is less abrasive (i think IIRC).

purrtykitty

Quote:
did you find a quarter to be too much? too rough? I usually do it quickly in the shower, was I find it better used wet. Though XSparkage mentioned in one of her videos she uses it dry which is less abrasive (i think IIRC).

I use it in the shower, too. I've been using about a dime sized amount because I polish not only my face, but also my neck and chest area.

As for the Moisturelush...I love it! I'm on my third jar since it came out at the end of December. The first one (which I used in winter when my skin is ridiculously parched) lasted me about two months - and that was using it twice a day. I just finished my second jar, which lasted me a bit longer. I've been needing less - probably due to the season change. I'm cutting back to using it only at night, since the Studio Fix SPF 15 is plenty moisturizing for daytime. The eyecream is great, too. I'm still working on my first jar - it's about 1/2 empty. My undereye area is nice and moisturized and my concealor goes on so much more smoothly.

noahlowryfan

Quote:

i find it to be perfect but to save money, i'll try to use less. it wasn't rough at all. i wet my face then rub it on.

macchristyy

thanks everyone! i am now looking forward into getting MACs microfine refinisher. i think it will help with some annoying dry patches that i get sometimes on my face. thank you for all your feedback! =)

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I love that it is a moisturizer and primer in one.

its actually just a moisturizer. there is no priming action to it. you still need to use a primer in addition to it if you want primer properties.

Quote:
Though XSparkage mentioned in one of her videos she uses it dry which is less abrasive (i think IIRC).

using it dry is the most abrasive. using it wet is a little more gentle, and using it with a cleanser is the most gentle.

the microfine refinisher is awesome btw. it has the same alumina particles that is used in microdermabrasion. its very gentle on the skin, and leaves it soft and smooth. you only need to use it twice a week.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
its actually just a moisturizer. there is no priming action to it. you still need to use a primer in addition to it if you want primer properties.

You're right... I didn't really word it correctly. When I use this, it's almost like it evens out the surface of my skin so that my makeup applies nicer and more evenly. While it technically isn't a primer, I have more even application and longer wearing makeup than when I used prep and prime. Prep and Prime didn't do much for me, but I see a noticeable difference with Moisturelush.

erine1881

Quote:
lol thanks for the clarification erine. duh i should have thought of that logically. yes dry=harsher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
You're right... I didn't really word it correctly. When I use this, it's almost like it evens out the surface of my skin so that my makeup applies nicer and more evenly. While it technically isn't a primer, I have more even application and longer wearing makeup than when I used prep and prime. Prep and Prime didn't do much for me, but I see a noticeable difference with Moisturelush.

no problem
thmbup.gif

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by macchristyy

i am currently using GREEN GEL CLEANSER for about a month now. i must say.. it worked like magic the first 2 weeks eliminating these stubborn little mini pimples on my forehead that i have had for awhile which would never go away. Now.. i dont see anymore dramatic changes. it kinda stopped working but its keeping my my pimples that i get every now and then small and not so humongo!

I think that if the Green Gel Cleanser is cleaning your face and not causing break-outs, that's all you can expect. It's just a cleanser for normal to oily skin and doesn't claim to do much else besides clean.

It has Tea Lauryl Sulfate in it and that's too drying for me though. I also find the Microfine Refinisher is too abrasive for my sensitive skin, but my husband loves it.

I like the Wipes in an emergency. They're very gentle, but too expensive to use everyday.

I think my favourite product in MAC's skincare line is their SMF SPF 15. I love the texture and the silkiness of the product. I also like the zinc oxide which is nice and gentle.

macchristyy

one quick question about microfine refinisher

after you use it do you still need to wash your face? or does it cleanse as well?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by macchristyy
one quick question about microfine refinisher

after you use it do you still need to wash your face? or does it cleanse as well?

it does not clean. you cleanse your face before you use microfine. cleanse, scrub, mask (if you want to), moisturize.