Macy*s Cosmetics Interview!

-Jazzy

Hey everyone! I'm totally new on this forum...I was actually thinking about my interview at Macy's tomorrow for their cosmetics department and I am extremely nervous! So as lame as this seems, I went on Google, literally typed in "tips for interviewing for Macy's cosmetics" and after clicking a few links I was directed to this site. I was reading a few posts and I'm finding that everyone here seems so friendly and helpful, so I decided to join and post my little issue on here...

So after going through a long application process on Macy's website, I receive an email today for an interview. Keep in mind that this is a brand new Macy's store, so they are looking for a fresh new staff of employees. I have graduated from cosmetology school back in 2007 (which they don't teach you a single thing about makeup, but I figured that this little tidbit would help in my application). I love makeup but have never done it professionally. I don't even know what to expect from Macy's cosmetic counters, so I'm a little nervous because I don't know if I should go to the interview tomorrow & attempt to put some pretty awesome makeup on my face or if I should keep it simple. Have any of you gone through the Macy's interview process? If so, what tips or words of advice can you give me? I would SOOOO appreciate it!

- Jazzy

BeautyMarked24

I've been working for Macys (as a Cosmetics floater) since October. But I had two interviews and I just dressed to impress like seriously dressed up both times and made sure my make up was on point. My first one was just with a general Macys manager and my second was with the actual cosmetics manager. I just emphasized my positivity, my passion to work with people and how customer service is the key to selling and being a strong sale associate. Things like that. Be confident and you'll be amazing! =]

Angelsglam

Hi ladies! I just happen to come across this post and I needed some advice. I was just hired by Macy's as a on-call cosmetic beauty adviser.( Iike a floater.) I havent started yet, my training starts tomorrow. But I was wondering what does a floater do? And how to the other employees act? I just needed some insight! Any info world help. Thanks!! Angel :)