Macys interview for Shisiedo

Sikfrmthemirror

So I applied for a job at macys for a beatuty advisor position. I got to schedule my own appointment and i interviewed with the cosmetics manager along with another girl. They told me I would be intervewing with shiseido and that they would be calling me later on that day, but they didnt. I even got an email saying that they were impressed with my strong background but they did not have a job for my level of expertise.

Than today I got a call from the head cosmetics manager letting me know that Shisiedos vendor was going to be there and if i could come in to meet with her. So i did, she told me about the company and i told her about myself and my knowledge on shiseido. she asked me what i would do to reach sales goals and than had me call someone over the phone to let them know that we had met and that i was interested in the job. She said I did well.

Ive gone through the threads and dont see anyone interviewing with the vendors. does this mean im not getting a job at the counter. if i even get the job at all?

KimmyAnn_678

Before you get hired, someone from the brand (usually an Account Coordinator or Executive) will meet with the potential hires as well. Since it's kind of like working for both Macy's and the brand, both have a say in who gets hired.

Did you ask when you'd be hearing from someone about the job?

When I was hired for Lauder last year, it went something like this. Macy's asked me to work for Lauder so I filled out my Transfer form. The AE called me to do Talent Plus over the phone. Later that week, the AC came into the store to speak with me. She let me know that she had to speak with the AE again before formally offering me the job. Later that day, the Macy's Cosmetics ASM called to officially let me know they were offering me the job.

So maybe they had a few other people they were interviewing or maybe she had to speak with someone else before you could be offered the job. I'm just suprised no one said anything to you about when they'd let you know or anything. You could always give the store a call and see if they know
smiles.gif

Sikfrmthemirror

She just told me that I should be hearing from the cosmetics manager very soon. They werent specific on anything, just like before they told me when they would be calling and didnt follow through, I even got an email telling me I didnt get the position, and than all of a sudden I got a phone call to go in. Maybe they were looking at other potential people to hire. I just hope I did well enough. The Manager did tell me that after I met with her I would meet with someone for Shesiedo and than I would meet with her again, so maybe that is whats going on. fingers crossed.

missmolliecule

I've just had a similar experience, I'm waiting to hear back from the NARS rep
smiles.gif
but my interview was monday... now it's friday. the macys manager told me to call her in 2-3 days if i hadn't heard from her, so yesterday i left a message but i've still not heard anything
ssad.gif
i know how you feel right now haha

Sikfrmthemirror

aww that sucks yeah. I havent heard anything either. and because this was all threw email im not sure who to call. i guess ill continue playing the waiting game.