Magic Spell lipglass

princess

This is a very common occurance with Magic Spell lipglass. It tends to give off this smell after a while (read on MUA that some members' lipgloss gave off that smell in less than 6 months!) even though nothing has changed with the texture.

I would like to know whether anyone with this lipglass is still using it even with that funky smell. I can't decide whether to keep it or toss it... still have half a tube left!
weeping.gif

eyeshadowfreak

I got rid of mine and my spare. They both went rancid on me in the 6 months. I was really bummed cause I really love the color.

Turbokittykat

I have 3 tubes and they've all gone off. I tried to wear it a couple of times, but can't bear the smell, especially as it's just under my nose! I was sad too. I loved the colour and that's why I bought backups, but even the ones that hadn't been used went off really fast. I've also heard many other people say the same thing, so it seems like there was a problem with that particular lipglass. I wish they'd bring it back, but in a formula that doesn't go off in a few months
ssad.gif

fletch50

The same thing happened to me. I went to use mine last month and it totally smelt rancid. It broke my heart, but I ended up tossing it.

yeahwrite

I bought 2 a while back that had gone off right out of the box. One was from the CCO and the other was from either the mac website or Gloss.com. As others have said, it's too bad 'cos it was a great color.

zoinksta

My Magic Spell has this sorta burnt plasticky smell on it, and the vanilla scent is hardly there at all. Does it mean it's turned rancid? My Oh Baby lipglass has that funky smell as well. i'm not really bothered by the smell but rather the milkiness of the Magic Spell color, that's why i hardly reach for it anymore. Oh well, into the b2m pile it goes.

channierose

thank god i got mine as a throw-in in a swap. i still use it sometimes, grudgingly, just because it is a nice color. my boyfriend even hates the taste of it, but i can't help it. i love the way it looks.

ledonatella

That's one of my favorites and I have never noticed a smell other than the regular vanilla smell. I've had mine snce it came out and it still smells the same.

princess

ledonatella must be one of the lucky few who have no problems with it.

Did anyone try emailing MAC about this problem? Maybe all of us can send mass emails to them asking for refunds.
graucho.gif

Guess this is going into my Back2Mac pile. SIGH. What a pity!
weeping.gif

Pimptress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimptress
what the heck does it smell like and why???

still curious..... hehe

princess

Like some members said, it smells racid and there's this burnt plasticky smell... totally different from the normal vanilla smelling lipglasses. And the worst thing is this shade goes off wayyy fast. It's pretty widespread.
Maybe there's some ingredient in this particular lipglass that causes this... just making a guess. :confused:

I don't think we will get an answer from MAC even if we email them and ask about it now, it came out 2 years back.

girlzippy

I have emailed mac about it. Maybe 6 months ago or so. I had two tubes, one in the frisge never opened for 6 months, was totally rancid. They said maybe I kept them in the wrong place temp wise and such. But it was in the fridge. They did however give me two $14 items free from mac.com(non LE) and I used my l/g as B2M.