Mailers...

Eilinoir

I emailed them asking about it and all they said was this:

In regards to your inquiry, there are a couple of different ways mailers are sent out. You can register at a free standing M.A.C Store to be on the mailing list. If you shop at a department store and are currently signed up for their credit card, they will use their database to send you mailings.

Not the most helpful info but it's something
smiles.gif

Isis

You can also put you info in online, but DON'T add your email address, b/c then you'll only get the email notifications & zero postcards. Unfortunatelly that's not much a guarantee either. It's a bit of a crap shoot with MAC actually sending everyone a mailer
th_confused_new.gif

sweet8684girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgasm
where do you put the info online?

Click sign in on the right hand side, then create an account.

2_pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isis
You can also put you info in online, but DON'T add your email address, b/c then you'll only get the email notifications & zero postcards. Unfortunatelly that's not much a guarantee either. It's a bit of a crap shoot with MAC actually sending everyone a mailer
th_confused_new.gif

Hey, i didnt know that. It makes sense though. Im gonna change that right now, cuz i want some mailers. I am happy though, i only ordered like $75 worth of stuff that came in today and when i opened the package the Sundressing postcard was in there...the booby one *lol* ...so now i have both.

bellaetoile

like someone said, basically a crap shoot. i'll go months without getting ANYTHING, then randomly, i found two studio fix fluid mailers on day...i shop at the freestanding, pro, and counter locations on a regular basis, and try to divide my business up among the three equally...so its not shopping more at this or that location, i don't think.

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_pink
i only ordered like $75 worth of stuff that came in today and when i opened the package the Sundressing postcard was in there...the booby one *lol* ...so now i have both.

Guess I'll have to order something to get that one
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
i'll go months without getting ANYTHING, then randomly, i found two studio fix fluid mailers on day...i shop at the freestanding, pro, and counter locations on a regular basis

Same here, and I've even got a pro membership. I'd love to know whats up with that. I don't think it's got anything to do with where you shop or how much money you spend.

bottleblack

I asked at my counter and the MA said it was kind of random even for her - that sometimes she would get them, other times not.
ssad.gif

midnightlouise

I'm with you guys, I think it's random no matter what they say lol! I've been in the database at the freestanding for years & online for even longer and only once have I gotten a mailer. Pro membership doesn't seem to matter, how much money you spend doesn't seem to matter...there must just be so many of us out here that it would cost them millions to send us all a mailer ha-ha!!

user3

I get my mailers from mac online. In my profile I check for them contact me by mail instead of email.

audiovillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
I get my mailers from mac online. In my profile I check for them contact me by mail instead of email.

How do you do that?

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa

Hmm... for the Canadian website they offer an option to receive information via email, but not regular mail...I've unchecked the box on my account to recive email notifications (since w/ Specktra I know when the release dates are anyway) and hopefully will get something within this year...
lol.gif

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Hmm... for the Canadian website they offer an option to receive information via email, but not regular mail...I've unchecked the box on my account to recive email notifications (since w/ Specktra I know when the release dates are anyway) and hopefully will get something within this year...

yea sorry I was kinda of confusing there....just meant to set it to not get email notifications (or uncheck it). Just make sure you have your correct address in your account profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovillain
How do you do that?

On MAC go to "my account", log in, under "Account Profile" it will show if the email notification is on or off. Click to edit "account profile" and turn the email notification off.

This means you will not get any email notifications but you can get info and codes on Specktra anyways.

Once I turned the notifications off I started getting mailers. I noticed I had to buy something online from each collection to continue to keep getting mailers but that's not a problem since that is where I get all may MAC anyways.

iheartjuppy

Hmmm....

Yesterday I was at our local MAC counter and was talking to an MA about the Lure mailer (which came from a freestanding store that I've only been to once) and he said "If you get the huge mailer, you spend a sh*tload on MAC. They do it by spending, and most people get postcards, some don't even get that". I don't know if he meant MAC corporate or that specific store, but if it's a corporate thing, maybe that's why? I don't think I ever signed up for a mailing list, but I got the Culturebloom mailer with the three (four?) cards in it, and the ginormous Lure booklet w/poster. Maybe ask at a freestanding or Pro store?