Make-Up for my B-Day!!!! (pics inside)

tottui

Hello gorgeous ladies! =D

Sooo, Im celebrating my B-Day in one week (13-oct-06) and I made an appointment to get my make-up done at a MAC counter
clap.gif
. Im really excited because I want to look ubber hot.. My b-day will be in a big-famouse club here in PR and I have a VIP area reserved for me and my friends (yes Im lucky, my bestfriend works there
greengrin.gif
), so that meand Ill be the center of attention!!. I already found the perfect outfit (although I usually dont dress like this) and the boy I like will be there and I want to look beautiful like a super star! plus a lot of highschool friends I havent seen in a long time will be there too, lol.. so what do you guys recommend I should get my makeup like? This is what Ill be wearing:

bday1.jpg

and this is me (Ive posted this pic before):
espana2006-035.jpg

and my hair is like this (both sides are now pink):
gret.jpg
bday2.jpg

I was thinking maybe a smokey black/silver eyes? Ill be using turquoise eye contacts if that matters!

Oh and another thing.. since this is my first time EVER getting my makeup done... should I tell the MA how would I like my makeup to be? or am I being rude?
Any and every help is really appreciated!!
cheerleader.gif

ebonyannette

You have the most beautiful skin!

Im not sure as far as colors go but the MA's on here might have some better suggestions, but I think a smokey panda eye would be lovely or the Lisa Marie look from Viva Glam. Dont worry if you have to tell them what you like its not bossy they like to hear what you want so they can have some direction.

DaizyDeath

give her some ideas of what you want and then she can shoot some ideas that she thinks would look good your way.

Happy B day and good luck!

Hawkeye

I gotta admit I dont like black/silver smokey eyes. The reason being is that EVERYBODY does it!

You have amazing hair by the way!

I would do a smokey purple with the turquoise contacts.

It's pretty and its unexpected without being boring.

This is what I'm drawing my inspiration from-
your in PR, at a hot club, hot guy and a black and white outfit with a jean skirt. And you are wearing Turquoise contacts. Lets get a nice palette being pulled from this picture-for some reason I think it would look amazing on you.

NARSBlush-25.jpg

The colors you should look at is a pink, a white, a purple, a sand, and then a purple grey and then a dark dark blue.

How I would go about this: I would get a sand color as my browbone/highlight (Maybe Shroom)

Use a pink (Seedy Pearl) from lashline to crease making sure to get it in the inner corner of your eyes to reflect light

Use parfait amour/lavender from about half way in to your lid and out to the corner

Use a white eyeshadow (Chill) to use right under the arch of your browbone

Then with the purple grey use Dovefeather in the crease and outer corner of your eye

and in the outer 1/3 of your eye I would use Nehru and line the lower lashline

Then as your eyeliner I would probably use Smolder

and just use tons of mascara

and for your cheeks, I will buck the system and say dont use pink. Use a very neutral cheek (MAC Taupe, trace gold etc)

and for your lips, use a nude lip. MAC C-Thru+Hug Me

Eh, thats what I would do. They probably will just give you a smokey eye with black LOL can't blame me for just being creative
greengrin.gif

Now what I would suggest is when you tell the MA say "listen I have an idea in my head-this is what I want etc.

BTW Happy birthday!
greengrin.gif

tottui

thank you all very much!!!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

thanks youbeabitch for your awesome idea!!.. i really like it!!.. ill defineatly (sp?) try it!!.. and of course, post pics of my makeup =D and the guy i like
thmbup.gif

Hawkeye

Not really.
ssad.gif
you tried though
smiles.gif

The colors I chose were more soft and more "blended" if you will together. They were all in the same color family. In that picture above it's a lot more stark and its very evident that they aren't in the same color family ie: Like you couldn't blend arena into Nocturnelle. You could blend trax and sketch into it but arena you could blend more into amberlights etc.

This look i really tried to focus on blue based tones: Seedy pearl/parfait amour/dovefeather/nehru where one would lend itself to another without the evident and stark contrast shown in the MAC Face chart. And-i know this is going to sound horrible, but the eyelook on the mac face chart, i just really do not like it. It's not my taste.