makeup alley

Padmita

yup, me... that's why I never dared to post there
lol.gif

as_cute_as_pie

woo at least im not the only one hah
rofl.gif
i was on the message boards and it was just all 'shoved' together then when you clicked on a post it didnt seem to be there? thought i was doin something wrong lol

aziajs

That's so funny. I always read about people going over there but I really don't like it. It's so confusing and the layout could use a lot of work. It's not user-friendly. I started to do a post like this but I thought I would be the only one. LOL....

bluegrassbabe

Me too. I rarely post there, but I do browse a few times a week. It's so unorganized and hard to find anything.

user3

the main thing I don't like is you can't bump a post. So people tend to repost the same thing over and over again.
It's almost set up like a chatroom.

I've been there for years now and I just don't like the way the owners operate other there.

Corvs Queen

Blah!
I hate it. I never post there just because of the layout. It looks so "generic".
Spectra is soooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.

MissMarley

yeah, i hate the chatroom format, so you can't go back and find stuff. i still like a lot of the people over there though- they're so much fun!

MACmermaid

oh good, i thought it was just me! makeup alley's layout is so confusing and not user-friendly!
th_confused_new.gif
it seems like one huge, random conversation and i've never really gotten the hang of navigating that site. so i've abandoned it b/c this site is so much more user-friendly!
smiles.gif

Pink_minx

yeah posting is confusing but I do like the reviews and ratings of products it gives me an idea of what I should buy or not buy.

Sushi_Flower

I actually made a post on it a year ago saying that the layout is so confusing and hard to use and that wouldn't it be better to have it like normal forums where the posts don't disappear after 2minutes? And eveyrone jumped to say they preferred it like that.
Well now i'm used to it and in a way prefer it the way it is for it's purposes because at peak times you can get quick answers and i think it just suits the place now, i use it for a different purpose - just to get quick short answers - than i do for Specktra so i'm ok with it as long as i have Specktra for real discussions and in depth advice and posts which stay around and are clear to read.

AlliSwan

I finally got the hang of it, but yeah, it could use a LOT of work...can't complain though because I've gotten some amazing swaps out of it! But I definitely come here for all the new release info, conversation, etc...

mandirigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
at peak times you can get quick answers and i think it just suits the place now, i use it for a different purpose - just to get quick short answers - than i do for Specktra so i'm ok with it as long as i have Specktra for real discussions and in depth advice and posts which stay around and are clear to read.

i agree. i usually only post questions there if i don't get much of a response here, but it's good if you have a simple question you need a yes/no answer to. but once it falls off the page, your post is pretty much a lost cause =/

karen

I hated the layout at first, too. I was there for a long time before I even started posting because it sucked so much.

I've grown to accept(and even like) it, for some situations. It's a nice fast-paced board for when you're bored and want to chat, but don't necessarily want the immediacy and linear conversation of a chat room(I hate chat rooms).
I use it for that reason; and as has been said, to get quick answers/opinions from a LOT of people.
I do some double posting between here and there(hauls and such); but I doubt it matters, since the posts get swallowed up so quickly over there.

I think I'd keel over and die without the productville section of the website, though. It's been a godsend for me.

moonrevel

Hahha, I've never been able to read those board successfully. I get so confused. I try to follow conversations and my brain explodes.

afterglow

^ Lol, me too. It's all so fragmented and confusing. I like Specktra's organization much better!