makeup alley

lovejam

I've never used their forum, but I do like the site. I like the idea of being able to look up a product to see basically how many people liked it. You do have to read through the reviews, though, because some people will give something a bad review for a stupid reason (i.e. they bought it even though it wasn't formulated for their skin type, and then were real confused when it didn't work out for them; they've never even used it but didn't like the way it looked in the packaging; they don't like the company because it did something they disapproved of), but once you do that, you get the jist of what you can expect from a certain product.

So, I like MUA. I've never had much interest in the forums, though.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejam
You do have to read through the reviews, though, because some people will give something a bad review for a stupid reason (i.e. they bought it even though it wasn't formulated for their skin type, and then were real confused when it didn't work out for them; they've never even used it but didn't like the way it looked in the packaging; they don't like the company because it did something they disapproved of), but once you do that, you get the jist of what you can expect from a certain product.

haha! I love the ones where haven't tested the product or even looked at in person but they don't like it!

Ambre Tucker

I love the idea of makeup alley and have made several successful transactions there... However although i'm serious I find the people who have what I want are not... Maybe its just me doing something wrong but my last attempted transaction was for a used mac fusion pink lipstick which she wanted 25.00 for maybe someone could help me because i do not understand that rational

Hilde

Terrible layout, difficult to navigate and annoying. I like traditional forums like this better. They should consider getting a "real" forum.

SistaPlease

i hated the layout at first, but i have gotten use to it now. its forum is more for asking questions if you want a quick response. i come here to read conversations... so i still use both. *shrugs*