Makeup during a bad day?

Esperanza

Hey guys,

When you're having like a really bad day or when you're waking up in the morning and feeling really down and tired, do you have the strengh to do your makeup anyway?

It's really a sign for me, when things go wrong, I'm wearing like... nothing. I wasn't feeling well at all the last few weeks and now that I'm beginning to feel better, I like to put on a bit of powder, blush and gloss again... not too much because I think it's too early for me to wear much, if you guys see what I mean.

How is it for you? When you feel that your days are going to be really shitty, do you force yourself to do your makeup everyday?

florabundance

If i'm going out anywhere, regardless of how i feel, i'll do my make up...to me it comes along with my whole routine of getting ready. Actually I find when i'm feeling crappy, i'm more detailed and intricate (sp?) with the way I apply...i feel like i'm pouring out the pain on my face lol

Shaquille

yes, I still do.. make up makes me happy and energetic, lol..
except for when I'm sick, then I go out bare face.. just a mascara on

kaexbabey

i still wear at least powder, blush, eyeliner, curl my lashes, and some kind of highlighter on my brows and inner corners. and chapstick.

couturesista

I'm sick as a dog today, but I came to work wearing my MB foundation, bronzer, laid back blushcreme and Lash Blast mascara. I actually started to feel a little bit better but once I got to work, it got worse, boo : (

Hilly

I was and still am really stressed right now and when I did my makeup today- it lead me to more stress and therefor looks like shit today. Oh well.

M.A.C. head.

I don't wear make up at all when I'm feeling exceptionally shitty. It's not going to make me feel better, so why waste the product? LOL

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
I was and still am really stressed right now and when I did my makeup today- it lead me to more stress and therefor looks like shit today. Oh well.

I totally see what you mean. When I feel like shit, I know that if I'm going into a complicated makeup, it'll end into a horrible thing! Hope you'll feel better soon by the way, I really know how stress can be damaging for your health, I'm still facing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
I don't wear make up at all when I'm feeling exceptionally shitty. It's not going to make me feel better, so why waste the product? LOL

You're so right
winks.gif

feenin4makeup

I'm super lazy when I don't feel well l (sick) or even just a little down (sad or depressed). I might apply all over pressed powder and gloss but generally, I just don't give a damn. However, if I do make myself apply something, it usually makes me feel better. But, at at that point, I'm like who cares???
th_dunno.gif

smh28

I still do my regular make up routine even if I am feeling down. I may have to force myself to do it but I always feel a little less crappy on the inside if I know I am presentable on the outside. The only time I won't do it is if I am sick enough that I stay at home in bed all day. Cheer up. I hope you are feeling better soon.
smiles.gif

SingFrAbsoltion

If I'm depressed I usually do a heavy dark eye for some reason. 2 years ago when I was going through a lot of shit that was my everyday look for about 4 months.

If I feel tired then just something light works.

melliquor

If I am feeling a bit depressed, I always do my makeup. I love the way it makes me look. I do struggle to put it on when I am really tired or being lazy... I usually do it really shit that day as well. It seems like nothing comes out right. Usually on those days, I will not do a complicated eye and just put on Ricepaper, Blacktrack, Mascara, concealer, blush and lippie. That takes me about 20 min. I am really slow at putting my makeup on.

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by smh28
I still do my regular make up routine even if I am feeling down. I may have to force myself to do it but I always feel a little less crappy on the inside if I know I am presentable on the outside. Cheer up. I hope you are feeling better soon.
smiles.gif

Thanks honey. Last time I tried to put on some concealer before going to the pharmacy then I thought "wtf ...". But now that I'm feeling a bit more in control, I can put on some blush and gloss and it feels quite good again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingFrAbsoltion
If I'm depressed I usually do a heavy dark eye for some reason. 2 years ago when I was going through a lot of shit that was my everyday look for about 4 months.

I understand that, I wore practically only black clothes the last few weeks, I felt it was kinda comforting, if that makes sense...

Beauty Mark

I do whatever I feel like or whatever makes sense to me that day. For instance, my allergies can be quite awful, and I don't wear eye makeup those days.

KikiB

I still will do my full face because I don't leave the house without at least having my eyes done. Figure lips and cheeks can be done on the bus, but eyes I have to do at home. Plus I find that if my makeup is done, then there is some sense of normalcy.

euphrosyne_rose

If I am sick and have to go out I usually just put on concealer b/c the main thing that makes me look dead and sickly is the circles under my eyes. If I do the concealer, then I look halfway decent. Decent enough to go to the store or post office or whatever. If I know I'm going somewhere that I'll see people I know, then I make more of an effort but not the usual effort.
Today I woke up late and I have a really bad sore throat so I put on my powder foundation, a little blush and some Apocalypse Meow (Archetype)e/s and mascara. AM is a pinkish color and I think it was kind of a mistake to wear it so simply b/c when I came home early, I looked in the mirror and it was still there but it looked like I had been crying. The pink brought out the redness in my eyelids. Ugh. Next time I'll try something else when I want to keep it simple.

NatalieMT

I've been really ill all year and to be honest doing my makeup and hair at the moment is a real effort for me, whether it's a good day or a bad days unfortunately days are usually bad right now. So if I don't have to do anything I won't, might just tie my hair back rather than styling it. I don't know I just don't have the energy to beautify myself and I don't feel very attractive at the moment either. So to me there's little point looking glammed up when I feel like I might keel over any moment. Sometimes I'd also rather not wear makeup so people can see I'm ill and understand why I might be a little touchy.

I will do makeup though if I'm going out or seeing anyone important - because I just don't like people I know to see me without my full face on. I just don't feel right! If I'm just going to a supermarket to get a few things etc I won't bother though I don't care what the public think.

Dommie

Quote:
Originally Posted by feenin4makeup
I'm super lazy when I don't feel well l (sick) or even just a little down (sad or depressed). I might apply all over pressed powder and gloss but generally, I just don't give a damn. However, if I do make myself apply something, it usually makes me feel better. But, at at that point, I'm like who cares???
th_dunno.gif

I hear you....unless I have to go to work. But then by the time I get ready and get there I usually feel some better. Sometimes just staying in the house can make you be in a slump. Hope you're feeling better euphrosyne_rose

NicksWifey

I allow myself one day out of the week to not wear makeup during the workweek. Usually, it's a Tuesday. The only thing I'll actually wear is concealer. Alot of the time when I'm off from work on Sundays, I don't put it on either unless I'm going out.