makeup in pics - recs on a camera

hazel06

im looking for a camera that when i put makeup on it will show up
any recommendations please
looking for something close or under $200

thanks !!!

LMD84

well some cameras are now coming with like a beauty mode built into them. i know samsung, cassio, fuji and sony have versions of this.

as far as actual cameras i highly rate the sony dscwx5. now i'm not sure how much it is in the states however in the uk we sell it for about £250 so perhaps it will be nearer $200 for you because stuff is cheaper for you guys! i like this camera because it takes awesome quality photos, and has a background defocus setting which makes it look like an image an slr would take. which would be good for make up shots! plus you have sweep panarama mode which is freaking awesome! and it can take photos in 3d too. plus it's brand new out so you know it wont be going out of date any time soon. oh and it comes in a cute purple colour!!

LMD84

oh and soft skin mode actually makes your skin look better and it gets rid of any blemishes for you. and yes it really does work!
smiles.gif
i wish i owned this camera!

hilaryrose

well some cameras are now coming with like a beauty mode built into them. i know samsung, cassio, fuji and sony have versions of this.

as far as actual cameras i highly rate the sony dscwx5. now i'm not sure how much it is in the states however in the uk we sell it for about £250 so perhaps it will be nearer $200 for you because stuff is cheaper for you guys! i like this camera because it takes awesome quality photos, and has a background defocus setting which makes it look like an image an slr would take. which would be good for make up shots! plus you have sweep panarama mode which is freaking awesome! and it can take photos in 3d too. plus it's brand new out so you know it wont be going out of date any time soon. oh and it comes in a cute purple colour!!

This camera actually runs about $280 in the states

RedRibbon

I find that a lot of the time you can edit the saturation that your camera gives, they have settings which let you do this.

Also, try using different light settings, I find my colours show up the best when I'm by a window.

Flash has a habit of washing colours out so taking photos by the window is usually best as a flash isn't really needed in those circumstances.

Another thing you could do is edit the photographs on something like Picasa/Picnik. A lot of beauty bloggers do this because cameras are sometimes a bit funny at picking up the shades, I know mine is.

LMD84

I find that a lot of the time you can edit the saturation that your camera gives, they have settings which let you do this.

Also, try using different light settings, I find my colours show up the best when I'm by a window.

Flash has a habit of washing colours out so taking photos by the window is usually best as a flash isn't really needed in those circumstances.

Another thing you could do is edit the photographs on something like Picasa/Picnik. A lot of beauty bloggers do this because cameras are sometimes a bit funny at picking up the shades, I know mine is.
good tips!
smiles.gif
and that is so true about the flash! my latest fotd pics look so pale compared to how vivid the colours were in real life. i hate the darker nights we are having right now!