Makeup lasting 20+ hours..? can it be done?

alka1

tomorrow will be a very long day for me. I'm going to Disneyland with relatives who are visiting from out of town. Living in southern california I usually go to DL twice a month and spend few hours there each time. This time, however, I will be there from opening till closing time (7am-midnight). haven't done that in years!

now, I won't be wearing heavy makeup since it is a theme park after all.. plus it'll be really hot weather. but i'm hoping/praying that at least my concealer will stay on the whole day! anybody else worn makeup this long? any experiences/thoughts? tips?
nope.gif

sunshine16

I've heard if you mix Urban Decay Primer potion with your concealer it makes it budge-proof..
Or maybe it was too faced shadow insurance?
Can't remember, but i'd say either would work basically the same
smiles.gif

RedRibbon

I'd suggest using a primer and then foundation. Smashbox foundation makes your makeup last ages and gives your skin a nice matte but semi glowy look if that makes sense. Just be careful to not apply too much as I did the first time I used it
ssad.gif

Yesterday I experimented with UDPP on my lashes and my mascara did not budge ALL day, I even had a shower and the mascara stayed put, it only came off when I took it off. I just took one of those generic mascara cleaner brushes to it and applied it lightly to my lashes.

Lipwise I would use a pencil and clear gloss as when the gloss comes off the colour will stay behind
smiles.gif

ForgetRegret

Seriously...all kidding aside, I've put Revlon's Colorstay (for oily/combination skin) to the test for the last week and a half, and that stuff REALLY holds up. I'm super oily...and if I sweat, forget it, my makeup slides right off, no matter WHAT primer I use...but I've been using Colorstay every day since I got it, and I have to say, they aren't lying. That stuff DOES stay on. I fell asleep last night before I got a chance to take my makeup off (babies exhaust you...screw taking off the makeup, I want my extra 5 minutes of sleep! LOL), and it was STILL on when I woke up this morning. Sure, it didn't look perfect, or like I had just applied it, but hell...I put it on yesterday morning at 0530, and woke up this morning at 0600.
Other than that stuff for your foundation, I'd go with a cheek stain, if you want blush, UDPP for your e/s and mascara (just make sure it's waterproof...), fluidline for your liner, and if you have them, either the tendertones, or tinted lip conditioner, because they contain SPF. Obviously it's easier if you've got a lip conditioner stick, but no matter what you wear on your lips (even if it's some friggen chapstick), make sure it's got SPF in it...there's nothing worse than sunburned lips, honestly.
GL sweetie, and have fun!!! Say hi to Alice for me...she's a friend of mine.
greengrin.gif