Makeup pet peeves: a short survey

Selene

What are your biggest pet peeves about the makeup on the market? What would you change about it? What products do you want but can't find?

What are some things that have solved your past cosmetic dilemmas of this nature?

My answers:

Biggest pet peeves:
-Shortage of lipstick colors available for those of us with naturally bluish pink lips, most of them look too orangey on me and clash with my coloring
-Not enough matte eyeshadows and blushes that blend well, especially in cream formulations, pigment powders, and mineral makeup. It seems like there's shiny stuff in almost everything. I like shimmer, but I have to be careful where I put it or else it doesn't flatter my face, and can look ridiculous when photographed.
-I'd like to see more good highligher blushes, most blushes are too bright or too dark to work on me (no idea why; I'm not even particularly pale)
-A lot of the really great colors and products keep getting discontinued and not re-released (examples: MAC Blueberry Fizz lipstick, several really pretty MAC eyeliner shades, Sally Hansen Nail Prisms...)
-It's hard to find light, bright colored eyeliner pencils in a variety of shades (there are some really nice ones out there, such as MAC Light as Air (light, bright, frosty blue) and Urban Decay Honey (metallic gold), but I want more colors!
-I wish there were more multichrome and microglitter pigments in nail polish, like in the Sally Hansen Nail Prisms (example picture: Turquoise Opal over black)

That's it for now, I'll post more later. What about you?

Kuuipo

Yes, not enough matte shades. I don't want my eyes, cheeks and lips looking like I passed out in the glitter factory. I like the natural look.

Sanayhs

I also vote for more matte stuff. Also, foundations and concealers that are more both into the pale and dark ends of the spectrum, rather than just in the middle (I'm on the pale end).

M.A.C. head.

The only pet peeve that I have is discontinuation of REALLY FREAKING AWESOME products. Or when there are L/E items that are so great and very good sellers and they don't have the sense to re-release or make them permanent.

I want Mi'Lady so badly and I'm pissed.

blindpassion

Better make-up storage!
It's so hard to find proper makeup storage!
Right now I'm using a big tupperwear tower with pull out drawers
not very pretty!

Sanayhs

Have you tried the clearance bin on here? I've seen several.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
The only pet peeve that I have is discontinuation of REALLY FREAKING AWESOME products. Or when there are L/E items that are so great and very good sellers and they don't have the sense to re-release or make them permanent.

I want Mi'Lady so badly and I'm pissed.

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
smiles.gif

Really?! I'm not so keen on shopping online unless it's actual retailers but I might just have to give this a try. I want that duo soooo bad.

Thanks for the info!

KikiB

Okay well...

A shortage of Veluxe Pearl shadows-there are quite a few but half of them I won't even touch because I don't do dark looks on the eye.
Not enough MSF's-they are my pride and joy now!
Not enough artistic products-It would be nice if a line like MAC, Urban Decay, or MUFE came out with some rhinestones and specialty glue. I know that MAC had some, but it was LE, and MUFE had some too, but not a ton of selection. Also I want leaf metal-I've been wanting to go a look with silver leaf for awhile, and haven't been able to find it.
Not enough coloured mascaras-I don't just mean bright colours, I mean every mascara should have black, brown, and then a navy...the navy is very flattering on my skin I find.
Less matte stuff. You all will hate me, but I never met a matte I didn't hate.
Not enough yellow and orange eye makeup; there is a pale yellow eye pencil on the MAC site but none of the stores or counters I've been to carry it. Also the only yellow shades are mattes, which I do not do-I need at least a lustre, if not a Veluxe Pearl.

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
smiles.gif

Guerlain never had a clearance bin on the divine Divinora lipsticks which were pretty matte and rather thick in texture.

L281173

Limited Edition or Season Lines. Mac C-Shock products were fabulous and then they were discontinued.

Nox

Selene those Turquoise Opal nails over black are so gorgeous. I might just have to dash out and take a closer look at that Sally Hansen line, I've always by-passed it in the store.

Anyhow, my pet peeve is colors that turn on the skin. I've pretty much given up on traditional powder foundations because it always turns dark or orange on my skin. Hate it. And now I'm finding that certain mineral makeup powders have an ingredient I am 100% sure I am becoming allergic too. Grr.

I hate shadows that crease, and I don't like primers that claim it won't crease but do anyway. I like some matte lipsticks, but then they dry out my lips and settle in the cracks. Yuck.

keirii

I second the one about microglitter pigments in nail polish. So many NP shades I see are just so boring.
ssad.gif

MissDeViousDiVa

I also gotta say more matte stuff. I dunno what it is but after Fafi, I just got all glitter'd out. I like matte shadows because if I want a glitter/shimmer look, it's easy to add something over it.

Lip stuff too, especially drugstore glosses, they all seem to have that silver shimmer to them instead of being just a plain glossy color.

LE products too. I won't even try certain ones like skin care, lip care and foundation and anything like that where if I liked it, I'd use it quite often and then not be able to buy it again. Actually even colored stuff too, because it sucks if I find a color I really like.

ms. kendra

I would like to see more foundation shades. Most formulas skip two or three shades in between and it's frustrating.
I also hate when good products are discontinued. They need to be made permanent if there is a constant demand for it.

bluelagoon

pet peeves - like most I HATE when a product I love is discontinued, LE items, I second that annoying silvery shimmer in all drugstore glosses, why oh why do they do that???? I HATE it when you come across a good liquid foundation and it has no pump ... ummm its liquid we NEED a pump PEOPLE !! I think its so you can spill some or use more and have to buy more often.... they should at least sell individual pumps for those who need one.

products I want to buy but cant find- a good spray mattifier a la Fix+ one that is easy to carry and wont change anything on my face, just makes it matte like a veil of loose powder, I don't like or want to have to lug around powder and brushes to reapply powder through out the day, just some oil absorbing sheets, this spray and voila! Not to mention that I don't like having to mess up my hard worked on contouring, blush, and highlighter when reapplying powder the traditional way. One that doesn't break me out would be perfect and that feels fresh and tingly on the skin or is that too much to ask?