Makeup Rule of Thumbs?

reirei702

So I'm fairly new to the whole makeup addiction thing (honestly, I wasn't addicted or interested in makeup at all til I found this website!)... and I was just wondering...

Are you only supposed to wear dark eyeshadow colors at night?

Can/should you match your eyeshadow to what you're wearing?
(I've seen a lot of girls do this, sometimes it's tacky sometimes it's not)

I want that nude lip look, but I'm not sure what color I should get since I'm sort of a light tan color. What's the rule of thumb about this? Should it only be the same color as my face? Lighter? Darker?

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by reirei702
(honestly, I wasn't addicted or interested in makeup at all til I found this website!)

rofl.gif
clap.gif
Then I feel it is my duty to welcome you.
smiles.gif
Welcome to the world of cosmetics and beauty and all the great things that go along with it.
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Are you only supposed to wear dark eyeshadow colors at night?

Depends on you. What's your style? Do you feel comfortable wearing darker colors during the day? This is really a personal question that depends on your taste and comfort level.

Quote:
Can/should you match your eyeshadow to what you're wearing?
(I've seen a lot of girls do this, sometimes it's tacky sometimes it's not)

I imagine you could match, though generally I like to pick something that compliments my outfit. That doesn't mean matching exactly, but maybe complimentary colors or if I'm feeling spunky something opposite on the color wheel. Overall I don't think toooo much about what I'm wearing when I am applying makeup.

Quote:
I want that nude lip look, but I'm not sure what color I should get since I'm sort of a light tan color. What's the rule of thumb about this? Should it only be the same color as my face? Lighter? Darker?

Nude lips are generally a pale creamy light beige, there's about 50 million different shades and formulations of such. I am sure that if you tell us what foundation color you use, or provide a photo you could recieve more detailed responses suggesting specific products and shades. I hope this helps some, and please continue asking questions as you have them.
greengrin.gif
You'll get alot of help here.