Makeup Schools

metal_romantic

Hi,

It's awful to hear that some people had some terrible experiences with Elite Pro. Luckily, I am having a great experience! I am studying their Advanced Course which is like 2 in one for those who haven't heard of it- Makeup and Image Consulting/ Fashion Styling. Perhaps things have improved since your bad experiences. They don't harrass me at all. Of course, this way of learning is not for everyone and will not be exactly what everyone wants or needs. It's been great for me though.
I chose this course as the makeup courses here are all full time for a year (or part time over 2 years) and are a LOT more expensive than Elite Pro. There are other courses available in beauty which covers makeup, but also nails and hair, which I have no interest in at all. I couldn't find any image consulting courses here.

Thanks allthatgl1tt3rs

I have spoken with other Make Up artists and folk in this field, including fashion consulting etc and they were pretty appalled at the courses I did with Elite Pro and that the Elite Pro course content failed miserably in comparison to attending courses.

Personally, I feel it's ok for beginners who just want to learn the basics - for the hell of it.. eg.. not looking into a professional career. But you certainly should not have to pay such a high price - the cost is outrageous. Especially when you get nearlly all that info online for free.

If you're serious about a professional quality career in these fields then you're still going to have to attend a course anyway because Elite Pro just doesn't cut it.

I even asked Elite Pro before I purchased the course if I would be certified and able to work / be employed with these qualifications? They confirmed this. However this isn't the case at all and this course and it's content is considered far from adequate - and an absolute joke.

nebbish

I'm looking for a school near me [GEORGIA!!] and have found *quite* a few... so my question : do you need to study cosmetology to become an MA? I'm pretty sure that here you need your ethesticians license, but is a cosmetology course the way to go? They do hair & nails & whatnot, so is the makeup portion sufficient? Help!!

Distance Learning Course: Professional Makeup, Elite Make up - Keep The Hell Away!

Hi all

I just wanted to let you know, that after fighting tooth and nail, getting legal advice, having to translate emails and letters into spanish - and putting up with one of the most unprofessional and down right dodgy companies I have ever dealt with, 1 yr and 1 month+ on, and many tears of frustration later, I finally got the refund I was promised so long ago by Elite Pro Makeup Distance Learning Courses.

It seems the more problems I've had with Elite Pro and their crappy distance learning courses the more folk I've bumped into that are also unhappy with them.

I can't believe I was stupid enough to fall for all the promotions and invest 1000's and 1000's of bucks into a course like this. On top of that it cost me over $1000 fighting to get my refund back - not to mention all the time invested into trying to communicate with this company that should be reported, shut down and investigated.

For such a long time after returning their course for a refund, and them promising the refund to me, then outright ignoring my emails because no refund came through. I finally had to go to the founder of the company and go from there. It still took months after that and lousy excuses and if I hadn't have been so persistent I doubt very much I would've got a red cent back.

There was no way I was going to let them keep my money. Besides if they were crapping on me like this, imagine how many other poor customers they are mishandling - other than the ones I've already spoken with.

Anyway, learn from my mistakes... save yourself the pain and kick Elite Pro Distance Learning courses to the curb. They make a mockery out of Makeup education and this industry.

Take care all

Quote:
Originally Posted by funandfitnessjo
Quick update...

Re: Elite Pro - Advanced Makeup and Image Consulting Package

After completing the Advance Make Up assignment and modules required for a refund, Elite Pro then informed me that they had recently changed the guarantee and that I had to also complete the Image Consulting modules as well according to their new guarantee. Which is pretty unprofessional and dodgy. I wasn't happy but did it anyway.

I completed ALL of the modules and assignments required, the Tutor marked them, Student Services confirmed it, and promised me again that I would receive a refund but it would take up to 90 days to receive it.

It cost me nearly $700 Australian to bubble wrap, package and post the complete course, all it’s contents, and bonuses back to Elite Pro in Madrid. This also included insurance to ensure the package arrived safely. To ensure there was no excuses for them not to refund. I also took photos of it before I sealed the box. As I don't trust this company as far as I can throw them.

Student Services emailed me to confirm that it had arrived and that I would receive my refund within 3 months (90 day period).

Five months have now passed by and I haven’t received my refund. All up, with expenses and the course, it’s cost me $6000.

I have contacted and phoned Elite Pro on quite a few occasions over the past few months. All I get is excuses, with Student Services saying that they promise they will refund my money, but it never occurs.

I asked Student Services if I could speak to the head person in “accounts” and they said there was no point because they couldn’t understand English. They then advised me to write an email stating my concerns, they would translate it and email “accounts”. I did this. But Student Services still continues to state that accounts won’t give them any reason why the refund hasn’t been issued.

The last two times I’ve emailed Student Services at Elite Pro inquiring about the refund, they haven't replied.

I have so many emails back and forth from Elite Pro due to the ongoing mishaps it’s not funny.

I have now sought legal advice and am working on trying to at least get something back, if that's possible. I don't like my chances. This company should be reported.

I regret the day I ever got involved and have a rotten gut feeling that this is all just one big scam!

Take care all

======================
Glad you're having a good experience... in regards to the mother f--- I mentioned this to them and student services said the following...

Student Services...
---------------------
About the music, I had just popped in a DVD as I could not believe that we would use such a thing as background music…I listened to the entire thing, but did not hear Mother f**k**…I also never heard of a students mention this before
---------------------

Frankly, I have no faith in this company what so ever. Apparently someone else was waiting ages for a refund too, as well myself.

======================

Macupartiz

I wouldn't waste my time with elite I spoke to a woman from there and it was extremely obvious she was just out to get my money. in fact I'm really hesitant with on line MUA training it's very costly and I believe most of what they can teach you, you can learn for free through you tutorials, the detailed MUA books and other resources that will be by far way cheaper.

when looking for makeup schools, please find the ins and outs for the payment. i just recently graduated from a makeup school and cant really complain about going. i enjoyed every day attending the school and learned a few tricks, tips, and techniques here and there. but while setting up the payment the numbers changed about three times ....due to miscommunication or what have you. so please just be careful of how and how much the payments will be.

i agree that you can learn alot more from youtube and practicing on your own....but what i really soaked in while attending school is that there is a professional there to critique your work, sanitation, and if ever you are uncertain and in question about something theres always a professional to help you. and also in the end you have a hard copy of your certification to provide to your clients saying YES you are certified and YES you are a professional and not just someone who is self proclaimed. nothing wrong with not having one at all! i know theres many talented and amazing artist that are without a certifcation but it is always nice to have one.

Latest posts