Makeup We Admire?

aziza

Post the looks of Brown Beauties, Caramel Cuties, and Golden Goddesses that you admire!

I am in L-O-V-E with whoever does Gabrielle Union's and Rihanna's makeup!

I want to recreate the first look....

gabrielleunionsyba029hl1.jpg

MAC shadows you think?
unionjs50688537540ve0.jpg

Look at those cheeks! So glowy
eyelove.gif

rihannatg0.png

rihanna3jo2.png

Perfect! (YaYa Dacosta)

takepre2qs9.jpg

MAC_Pixie04

Even though I disagree with her stylist's wardrobe choices at times (I can't stand it when a woman's natural curves are masked), I think Raven is a BEAUTIFUL young woman and a positive influence on young girls, versus Lindsay Lohan and the likes.
index.jpg

B0002TFZBS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

FYI, this next picture is HORRIFYING to me, because I know for a fact that she's NOT this stick like and I despise the fact that they seem to have put her beautiful face on some anorexic woman's body.
07.gif

Just my little rampage. As a heavier woman, I resent the fact that skinny is the only way to be in show business.

Another makeup/style icon of mine is the beautifully entertaining Mo'Nique
I ENVY her cheekbones!
soulpreg2.jpg

monique.jpg

MiCHiE

I love Mo'Nique's makeup....Before I got into shadows, I would just watch her and admire her looks. As a matter of fact, the last movie I watched starring her---Hair Show---before buying some MAC was on BET today. I look at EVERYBODY'S eyeshadow!

Missy-Elliott-Photograph-C12036850.jpeg

c1.jpg

brat1.jpg

mehrunissa

I like pretty natural, understated looks (a la Halle Berry an Thandie Newton), but there are a few women whose makeup I wish I could pull off (they're thumbnails):

aziza

How could I forget Monique? Watching her on the Parkers... I always loved the makeup. She came and performed at my school earlier this semester....ticked off quite a few people while she was at it
lmao.gif
I forgot about Nia Long too! The first few times that I " The Best Man" I was intrigued by the white shiny thing below her eyebrow...basically her brow highlight, but I didn't know what the heck it was called back then
lol.gif

Missy's lips look absolutely scrumptious in that pic

Kels823

Awesome thread!! Love the list so far.. lets see who I can contribute..

Eva Mendez is a personal fave of mine, love her glow
Grani_6541606_Max.jpg

Ive always thought of Angela Bassett as such an elegant woman..
rs20_angela%20bassett%20%20monique_essence_4_th.jpg

Ive always liked Monica's makeup as well
230px-Monica.jpg

Of course my girl Aaliyah was a true beauty..
aaliyah.jpg

aaliyah-see-thru-6500056.jpg

Thats all I can think of right now..
smiles.gif

MsCuppyCakes

Try this link: http://www.makeup411.com/. You can find out who the make-up artist is and what the y used.
Gabrielle Union in Bad Boys 2
Makeup by Laurie Cocheo
Gabrielle had various looks throughout the movie. Makeup artist Laurie Cocheo gave us a breakdown of the look when she is wearing the black Gucci dress and also what was used on her as her staple look.
Evening Scene (Pictured)
Skincare – Kiehls Ultra Facial Moisturizer , Clarins Sun Care Cream SPF 30, Neutrogena Tinted in Dark
Foundation – RCMA Shinto mixed with a tiny bit of I-Iman on various areas.
Powder – Ben Nye Translucent Setting Powder in Chestnut (mostly) mixed with Topaz.
Brows – I-Iman Brow Stencil and Color Kit in the lighter shade used to define brows.
Eyes – Lorac Inspiration and Gold shadow with Lorac Black on outside edges of eyes and crease.
Liner –Lancôme Maquiglacé Lumineuse in Black
Lashes – YSL Voluminous mascara in black was a favorite on set.
Highlight – Cocheo used the lighter gold color from Prescriptives Sunsheen Bonzing Powder Duo in So Warm for subtle highlights.
Cheeks – MAC Matte Powder Blush in Coppertone
Lips – YSL Lip Laquer in Crystal Pink
Cocheo kept the skincare, base, mascara and powder the same and made variations to the following:
Cheeks – M.A.C Crème Colour Base in Slammin’
Liner – Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Granite Ink.
Eyes – Chanel Aqua Lumieres Limited Edition Quad. (for the Water Scene)
Lips – The lighter color from Cargo’s Santa Ana lip gloss (for the "Water Scene")

User67

I always admire Paris Hilton's make-up, she always does these really pretty neutral eyes & bronzy cheeks.
20060619124209990010-1.jpg

Her friend Kim Kardashian's make-up I also think is gorgeous! She does awesome smokey eyes & nude lips.
1309783649_l.jpg

852980967_l.jpg

aziza

Arabic makeup is definitely hot!!! A liittle too much for me personally but the ladies wear it well.

cno64

I'm a Caucasian, so I can't totally relate, but I've never seen Halle Berry looking anything other than out-of-this-world gorgeous.
I love Oprah's looks, too.
I saw a photo of her earlier in the year wearing the most wonderful rose/wine lipcolor. She looked fabulous!
I thought, "Hmmm; wonder if that's 'Lovemate'..."

Lady_MAC

Yeah, I adore Oprah's makeup. She is who I imitate the most. I wear Knight Divine and Star Violet often because I saw her wearing something similar.

faifai

Haifa is gooooorgeous. I can't pull off the super-black smokey eyes that well, though. I think part of what makes it look so good is the amount of contrast between her skin color and the makeup.