Making a quad for a friend.

djd

If you were making a quad for a friend for a graduation gift, what would you put in it?

Also, can you purchase empty quads and pan shadows from any freestanding store or do you have to call the pro store?

TIA!

If this is in the wrong place, please move it!

PeachyKeen

The last time I made a Quad for a friend, I gave her some basics that she could use with the rest of her collection. I gave her Shroom, Naked Lunch, Trax and Haux... She is an NW20ish. Also, you can get the pro pallettes at free standing stores, not just Pro.

Hope this helps! You are an awesome friend!!!
lol.gif

djd

YAY! I was starting to panic there for a minute! I was thinking of giving her two basic colors, maybe soft brown (or kid????) and embark for work and two for play, at first I was thinking amber lights and bronze, but that's what I'm getting my mother! Maybe something pink? I was thinking trax (that was my first MAC e/s), but it may be a little hard to work with.

flowerhead

I'd put 2 bright 'wow' colours in for fun, and two basics..something like Electric Eel, Stars n Rockets, Carbon & Vanilla

Aussiechick28

I would put colours that all work together. If she likes bright makeup, then bright colours, if she likes neutral then neutral colours.

The last time i put together a quad i had shroom, honey lust, mythology and embark. That was fairly neutral on me.

For something more smokey you could do Jest, Black Tied, Sketch and Kid.

For something bright you could do Steamy, Parfait Amour, Contrast and a highlight colour.

zendragonzowner

Well... is she a nude kind of person or a colorful "wow" person? That really makes all the difference to me. For instance, the only reason i'd really ever use a nude color is to highlight. If she is the same way, maybe only get her 1 nude-ish color, 1 or 2 medium colors, and 1 amazing "wow" color.

Kat

Neutrals - Woodwinked, All That Glitters, Expensive Pink, Shroom

Cool Fun - Bronze, Parfait Amour, Shimmermoss, Shroom

Warm Fun - Satellite Dreams, Cranberry, Woodwinked, Shroom

Pastels - Juxt, Paradisco, Beautiful Iris, Shroom

I love Shroom
winks.gif
And apparently, I also loves me a bit of shimmer, looking at all those VPs!

djd

Thanks for the recs! I'll take your suggestions with me when I go to the counter and see what I like together! I think I may just do 3 neutral colors (lid, crease, brow), and throw in another fun color (maybe a pink!).