Making blush STAY ON

visivo

Seriously, my blush is always gone in like two minutes. I guess my skin gets a little oily or something, almost impreceptably and then BAM that color is goneeeee. How can I make it stay!?

I don't wear foundation, and i use blot powder occasionally, so that might have something to do with it. Maybe using prep/prime skin just on my cheeks?

Thanks in advance....
mollie

blueyedlady87

What I do (I have oily skin) is put blush on slightly darker than I would normally, and then set it with a loose powder. i find that that keeps it on longer and blends it better too! hth!

Dreamergirl3

oh me too! only it sort of dissapates...i put it on the apples and blend out, and a few hours later its migrated to my whole cheek! either that, or it just becomes blotchy and dissappears in patches...any help for me too would be greatly appreciated!

amelee

i had the same problem before too...and then I started using blushcremes
smiles.gif
they really help my blush last longer.

Jessica

I love using CCB's as a foundation for my blush. It's similar to using paints or shadesticks to set your shadow. HTH

mel0622

i dont have oily skin but using blush creme 1st then a powder or powder blush helps set it, or maybe try cheek stains. HTH!

Sophia84

I have the same problem!!! But the only thing that helps is before you apply your powder blush apply first a cream or mouse blush first and then on top apply the powder blush!

Dreamergirl3

unfortunately any non powder blush as well as stains break me out or slide right off as well
ssad.gif
but I tried something out today that seems to work ok.

Before I put my English Ideas foundation primer, I use Philosophys The Present (the liquid powder stuff) on oily areas (cheeks, nose). Then the primer, then my normal m/u routine. Now the blush...I apply my blush normally, but take it with me in my purse with a small powder brush. Then, about every few hours or so, I'll lightly dust over my blush with a mattifying/oily absorbing colorless powder, then lightly apply my blush over that.

Not very many problems with that! My blush didnt stray, it stayed! Only thing is it can be annoying to do, and you have to *really* go lightly with the re-applications. But I'm willing to! hth!

user3

I apply the blush before my foundation and then apply it after my foundation & setting powder. I never put powder of the blush.

Also if I really want it to last I will put a cream or gel color on before the blush and sometimes under my foundation.

Check and make sure you are not touching your cheeks. Even your hair and lightly remove powder products from your face.

visivo

Thanks so much ladies! I forgot about my trusty blushcreme (the ONE that i own lol) -- it does help it last longer.

dreamergirl -- sometimes when i use a primer, like elizabeth arden's, it actually made my skin a bit oilier, and therefore the blush didnt stay on very well at all :/ But yeah, light-handed touch ups are key!