Mango Martini eyeshadow

Susan

This is a shade I haven't heard of before, but is now showing up on eBay in older style boxes. Could this be authentic MAC?

Seller has 20 of them:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-SUEDE-EYESHADOW-MANGO-MARTINI-NIB_W0QQitemZ150082958467QQihZ005QQcategoryZ67610Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Seller has 2 up and has already sold several:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-Suede-Eyeshadow-MANGO-MARTINI-VERY-RARE_W0QQitemZ220078686833QQihZ012QQcategoryZ11866 QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

The second seller says that this is an unreleased shade - saying it is the working name of another color. If so, any idea on what color it is?

caffn8me

The box pictured is authentic old style and the seller describes the shade as a sample, never released. It could easily be genuine but I'd like to see the actual shadow pot to be certain.

MAC_Whore

I'm not well-versed in the box differences. As far as the name, they are making it sound like a working name. There were old skool shadows called Mango and Suede, so I dunno. It will take someone with more expertise than I.

It is a bit odd that those are older and that she has 22 of them?

tinagrzela

I agree...it looks like old style MAC, but the Mango and Suede names together?? Ummm...I don't know...I hope someone can shed some light on this.

BlahWah

icon_bump.gif
Any news on this shadow? I've seen it pop up so many times in my searches and I almost want to just buy it to satisfy my curiosity, but budget won't allow.

Showgirl

Two possibilities here:-

1. It's a fake.

2. It's MAC, but can't be up to their normal quality if they decided not to release it.

Non?

.... though I almost want to buy one just because the name is soooooooo cuuuuuuute.....

Xqueeze_me

I would buy it for visual purposes ONLY if postage to Australia is cheaper!!

US$12 to send an eyeshadow from the US to Australia is a bit too much for that eyeshadow size. I know that USPS have increased their postage fees recently though.. :S

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
US$12 to send an eyeshadow from the US to Australia is a bit too much for that eyeshadow size.

$12US for postage to aus is a riot, I wouldnt pay it ever...

BlahWah

Okay, the seller says that the texture is suede... was/did MAC have this texture before? Or maybe it's a working name fore velvets? S/he described it as a "sort of matte velvety texture".

HOTasFCUK

I heard that there will be a bunch of new matte eyeshadows coming out summer/fall! Maybe this is one of them?